Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horrible eye allergies.. any advice???

Pollen is high again in so. indiana.. and my eye allergies are just awful. didn't make it to work today-not good. so I am using steriod drops -non-preserved from Leiters pharmacy-3x a day when my allergies act up. they really help a lot but i still have just awful red swollen, itchy, watery eyes.... i feel good for about 2 hours after I put the drops in and the symptoms reappear. I can't take anytiing internally cause it will dry me out further..

and oh-w/the eye allergies it seems my eyes get awfully drier too..

Does anyone have any other suggestions to help w/ seasonal allergies??? I am getting frustrated as I have been dealing with them off and on since April.. Please HELP!!! anyone! I appreciate any advice!!!!
    Jenny

I rinse my eyes with non-preserved saline solution (Unisol or the aerosol kind)---several times a day. I wash with Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo twice a day. This (maybe) reduces the accumulated pollen on the lashes and around the lids. Hopefully.

Wear fit-overs or chamber glasses whenever you go outside. Keep the windows closed in your house and car. Have a new pollen filter put on the AC unit in your car.

I keep seeing the ad for the gel that you put around the nose (that's supposed to trap pollen before it gets to your nose). Maybe that could be applied somewhere around the eyes....I have no idea. I wonder what's in it, or if the gel functions just as a barrier.

That's all I can think of right now.

C

Comment

when you say you wash with the shampoo do you mean your eyelashes??
      Jenny

Comment

Patanol (Rx) or Zadator (OTC) drops both work great for me. I have not needed either one since I have been on Lotemax.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hello jenny2008,

When I moved from MI to AZ, my allergies really went into high gear - lots of dust and new pollens. For a couple of months this spring, my nose and sinuses were totally congested. Then I got an eye infection. When I finally got the infection cleared up, I went to an allergy doctor.

When my allergies flare up, my allergy doc tells me to use all of these:

Prescription nasal spray - generic Nasonex - 2 times per day
          Antihistamine tablets - generic Zyrtec - 1 time per day
          Patanol 2 times per day OR Pataday once per day
          "Ocean" saline spray to rinse allergens out of my nose 2 times per day
          Sudafed to reduce nasal congestion
          NSAID - generic Aleve - to reduce inflammation

I'm supposed to use the generic Nasonex and Patanol year-round and add the rest when I have symptoms.

I also wear 7Eye sunglasses when I go outside.

Good luck,

Lynne
          Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
            when you say you wash with the shampoo do you mean your eyelashes??
            Eyelashes, area around eyes---yes. I just put a little in my palm and lather up and wash my face and eyes (eyes closed). I don't use it with the Q-tip cleaning method. Just like face-washing, rinse and dry---nothing special. But I figure it's soapy without being irritating to the eyes.

C

Comment

Working...
            X