Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of the foreign body sensation in the eye?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of the foreign body sensation in the eye?

I've been told dry eyes causes eyes to feel like they have something in them even though they don't. I struggle with this every morning! After awhile the feeling goes away but today it is sticking around and feels terrible. Any suggestions as to what helps eyes feel better???

Hi piot! Goggles.

Comment

In my experiences Piot, that is without doubt a simple corneal erosion(dry spots) which are temporary and the feeling going away is the healing process.
      The Cornea is the fastest healing part of the whole body thankfully!(can i have another Green bar for that fact?). Absolutlely nothing you can do about it once it appears, other than close your eyes and the healing process will be quicker. I have had some big corneal erosions in the past and you don't think they are going to heal ever. Once had a 4 dayer!!.

Comment

Has anyone use Muro 128 for corneal erosions? THere has got to be something else out there. I have plugs, doxy, goggles and soooo many drops. Grrrr! How frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by piot0020 View Post
          Has anyone use Muro 128 for corneal erosions? THere has got to be something else out there. I have plugs, doxy, goggles and soooo many drops. Grrrr! How frustrating!
          From what I remember on DEZ, many people with RCEs (recurrent corneal erosions) are told to use Muro 128 drops during the day and Muro 128 ointment at night.

I use Muro drops. But I don't like the ointment - I wake feeling dry, "gummy" and "heavy" if I use ointment before bed.

As long as I use Muro drops and then cover my eyes at night, I wake feeling less dry (mornings are my worst time which is typical for MGD).

NOTE: I just wanted to throw out there that my drugstore is now keeping Muro 128 drops and ointment on the store shelves in the eye drop area (i.e., not behind the counter). I don't know what changed to make that happen, but I thought it was interesting.

Comment

HI Piot: Have you tried autologous eye serum? My corneas were perfect last checkup, I have no more gritty feeling and they are no longer pink and bloodshot. I still get some itching and burning but much less than before. They helped pretty much immediately noticeable in a day or two. You need to find someone who makes them but there is a compounding pharmacy in my city that does.

Comment

Thanks Farmgirl...I'll ask my doctor about it. The Muro 128 works better than the Genteal gel I was using but I woke up today with another erosion....if thats what it even is. My eye hurts terribly bad and I don't know if it is an erosion or something else??

Comment

ive had the foreign body sensation off and on in my left eye for years... it comes and goes sometimes daily..and i dont have a corneal abraasion.. i tried blood serum drops and they were great for one day but after that didnt notice much difference.. good luck..hang in there.
                Jenny

Comment

Working...
                X