Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative night gel/ointment for Recurrent Corneal Erosion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative night gel/ointment for Recurrent Corneal Erosion?

Hi all

I was diagnosed with RCE a few months ago and was told to use Lacrilube every night with Celluvisc vials during the day.

Basically I don't get on at all with Lacrilube - it feels uncomfortable and I seem to get problems more often than not when trying it.

So far the best thing I have found for nights is Thera Tears Liquid Gel, but it isn't foolproof was wondering if there was anything else worth trying.

My consultant seemed to suggest you had to use an 'ointment'. IS this true, or can a gel be sufficient?

Thanks

I've tried many ointments and gels. TheraTears Liquid Gel is my favorite. If you want to try an ointment then Systane Night Time is the best I've tried.

Comment

I finally found Muro 128 5% ointment. I am very pleased using this at night with small silicone goggles (Onyix) and applying Systane Ultra preservative-free drops 3-4 times during the night, using my alarm to wake me. Otherwise, I sleep right through the night and have bad erosions by morning. Apparently the Muro as a saline preparation, causes water to be pulled from the cells making them "flatter" for lack of a better word and thus adhering better to the cornea. Only when I started using this have I had nights without erosions. But I'm only two days free. I'm feeling very good and finally hopeful that my life isn't destroyed by this nightmare.

I wish you the best. -Janet

Comment

Working...
      X