This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBMD, Edema, and contact lens

Due to my recurrent erosions, my doctor put a lens in. That's great for the erosion, but now I'm having problems with edema, as I can't use Muro. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!

Hi, can you be more spacific about the Edema? Is it in the lids, around the eye, or eye surface? Could it be the solution you are using to clean and store your lens? I use Clean Care, and found that the Saline solutions were really bothering my eyes. Hope that helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by Mawsky View Post
      Hi, can you be more spacific about the Edema? Is it in the lids, around the eye, or eye surface? Could it be the solution you are using to clean and store your lens? I use Clean Care, and found that the Saline solutions were really bothering my eyes. Hope that helps some.
      I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing it's in the basement layers of the cornea? The doctor always just says 'it's swelled'. I keep the lens in all the time, changing it weekly. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, the edema that causes erosions is in the basement membrane of the cornea. It prevents the outer layer of the cornea from properly adhering to the basement membrane.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
        X