X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise really gives relief

I m patient of SJS...
    Since a month i have been going to gym daily at evening for 1 hour...doing warm ups streches and now heavy weights...
    I have observed relief to my dry eyes since a few days...I also have read, doing regular exercise gives tension relief and increases immunity in a person.

Have any1 observed the same
    Last edited by hirentherock; 30-Dec-2010, 11:01.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

I am 57 years old with dry eye problems for the past 10 months. When my eye dried out in February 2010 (from lasik), it was so irritable that I had no choice but to get up every morning and go to the gym just to work off the fatigue. I am retired and it made it even worse. I would normally go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week -- now I go every day through the week just to keep my body active so I can get a little bit of sleep at night. Have trouble sleeping. I was told I have chronic dry eye and will need drops for the rest of my life. Drink lots of water also, it helps.

Comment

I notice some overall relief when I exercise, especially "while" I'm exercising.

Comment

I have noticed the same thing! My eyes feel better during exersise and also a couple of hours afterwards. I don't know exactly what's causing it, but I think it must have to do with the endorphins being produced during exersise.

Comment

Two speculations for consideration:

1. Exercise preoccupies you and helps take your mind off of things. In many ways it's meditative. Your mind is busy concentrating on the activity and not thinking about other things.

2. Regular exercise, namely resistance training, raises blood levels of testosterone ( even if temporarily ) along with sweating out toxins.

3. Exercise helps with the blues \depression. I notice how much better I feel in general after exercise.

Well, that's actually 3 things
          Jamie

Comment

Well i agree to all 3 things...
            Also i feel exercising lets u get rid of fatigue also.
            I have been doing many simple yoga exercises...which is intended to a fast and over all blood circulation.
            Also it helps me to get relief from facial inflammation which i always had.And reduced inflammations lets my eyes feel smooth in artifical lights too... im highly photophobic.
            Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Working...
            X