No announcement yet.

Feeling lost, scared and alone with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just been referred as urgent but wont be seen until 10th June so its still quite a wait.

As for my gynae consultant she is aware of my eye problem but just told me to see the eye people. Apart from that it is very difficult to demand help and I get worried that they wont support me if I am a problem. Very difficult situation despite the fact I am no wallflower!

I have done a hot compress today and lid cleaning and they are 1% better than yesterday but I am also better in myself so it all feels so incestuously linked.

Thanks for your links, I am off to check them out. Will let you know if I learn anything new x

...............Nothing obvious to report.

I just remembered though that my GP said I had no inflammation?! Not sure what inflammation looks like in the eyes. Mine are red rimmed and I cant look up for any length of time.x
    Last edited by nutteetart; 22-May-2013, 07:23.

Comment

Hi Nutteetart, Does your GP have eye training and an ophthalmoscope? Very lucky if they do. Your Gynae is responsible for referring you to a Consultant Ophthamologist if you are having side effects from her prescription, or requesting the GP to refer you, which is maybe what they've done. We just saw a Dermatologist 'her eyes look fine' who obviously hadn't understood the Notes or the condition. And a Rheumatologist who failed to observe a serious tear drain infection which needed a week on a fluoroquinolone to fix. This is why we need a professional. Hope it all happens for you soon.

Potatocakes and Cali had very good advice there about using eyedrops frequently and eye protection until you can get seen by Ophthalmology.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thank you all so much.
        Really sore at the moment so chilling with relaxation music and repeated compress.
        Thanks again. i will update you when i know whats what xxx

Comment

I understand you completely. I feel the same way. I feel alone, by alone I mean nobody can help. Usually I always feel that doctors are protectors. They can help with anything. Except this. All they tell me is it's chronic and to do the same stuff: compresses drops, etc. Whenever I go out and walk in the morning, I have to close my eyes most of the way. Thankfully I don't have to cross any streets.

I'm doing all I can right now, I do compresses almost 5 times a day. I scrub really long. I do everything and my eyes are still getting worse. I just hope my next doctor I visit will help me, answer all my questions, and recommend me tablets.

Comment

Working...
          X