Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Support Group

Greetings!

I am starting this thread for Christians who believe in the power of prayer. As thankful as I am for the wealth of information this forum provides, I wish no one would ever have to come here. For me, DES has brought not only excruciating physical pain, but also bouts of depression and anxiety. But it has also given me time for spiritual growth, clarity, and reflection. As we actively seek information to do everything that we can do for our eyes through medical intervention, I believe it's also important to take care of our souls. Quite honestly, the only hope I have is in God--a God who I know is faithful, in control, all-powerful, loving, and merciful beyond our understanding. Suffering is inevitable in this life, but we can choose to suffer meaninglessly or to grow closer to God and be sanctified each and every day.

18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
    --Matthew 18:18-20

God calls us to pray when we are helpless, so let us pray for one another. I would love to pray for you. Even if you are not a believer, I would love to pray for you. God has given me a heart for healing, and my prayer is that we can start a healing ministry right here on this forum! If you would like to join this prayer group, please leave your name and prayer requests. Feel free to share testimonies and how God has grown you during this difficult time as well!

My prayer request:

My name is Gina and I pray that God heals my painful, dry eyes. Please give me the strength I need to keep on living and doing what I am called to do despite this physical pain, but also that I would not want Your healing more than I want You.

Er... Just Christians?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi littlemermaid,

No, even if you are not a Christian, I would love to pray for you. My hope is to start a prayer group so we can all pray for each other.

Comment

I too am a Christian and I believe in the power of God to heal. I would love to pray for you and others.

My prayer request:
        My name is Johni and I pray that God will continue to heal my dry eyes and ocular rosacea. I pray for God's strength to fulfill His purpose for my life. I am thankful for all the lessons I have learned. I pray for all who are suffering from this disease for their comfort and healing.

Comment

I'm not Christian, but many friends are and I've attended their church and went along with it. Prayer, in any form, be it meditation, spirituality, etc is a belief in a higher power and knowing we are being protected no matter what. It gives us the faith that knowing suffering (whether from dry eyes or anything else) is apart of being in this world and it provides us with strength, resources, growth, opportunities, skills, etc.
          Again I'm not Christian, but in a moment of silent reverie I send healing, love and strength to all those afflicted with dry eye pain on this forum. We are all one.

Comment

Once I read here:
            "God does not give us more that we can handle"

I do believe and God and His goodness. My prayer:

I pray for those who most need our prayers. I also ask the strength, wisdom and courage to deal with dry eyes.
            I ask God to enlighten the scientific community to discover new therapies to DES.
            Also thank Him for all the thinks in my life, including DES... knowing that even I still strungle with this condition, only with His help I will be able to accept it. Amen!

Have a nice week

Comment

I had a Catholic education . In the adolescence, I left it aside. For over 20 years, I was something like an agnostic. Last year, while experiencing of a terrible moment, I rediscovered Christian values. I'm ‘relearning’ how to pray. Prayer is a powerful feature, and the teachings of Jesus are valuable. I think that a lot of options that I adopted would have been different if I had not walked away from the christian values. Thanks, Hosanna .

Comment

God is best and he might just have given us dry eyes to realize how hard life is for some and how we need to improve our every day lives. I honestly think this is curable and God has a plan for all of us.

The body can heal itself, AMEN

Comment

May God bless all those who have helped to restore our lives with their compassionate and capable care. And for those who have not, may they one day be enlightened.

Comment

I constantly pray for everyone here and I also offer you all up during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Please add me to your prayers as well.

Some might consider a novena. A novena is a 9 day prayer said every day for well 9 days. There are certain proscribed prayers but any will do. If any one is interested in a novena let me know and we can agree on a beginning date to start it. For any Catholics here lets discuss which one we want to do. I welcome all prayers of any nature or sort no matter the belief system.

Comment

Olá Dave

I am in! Maybe we can pray to Santa Luzia, she is the eyes protector. As you said everyone is welcome.

Thank you Hossana!

Comment

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
                        Olá Dave

I am in! Maybe we can pray to Santa Luzia, she is the eyes protector. As you said everyone is welcome.

Thank you Hossana!
                        Yes lets do the St Lucy novena when do you want to start? Which novena do you want to use?

Comment

RFREITAS I will offer you up at the Tridentine Mass tomorrow (USA).

Comment

For those who want to join in RFREITAS and I are beginning a 9 day prayer on January 22. For you Catholics we are praying a novena to St Lucy. Anyone of every faith tradition and belief system are invited to join in. Just offer us all up and all those who suffer here and everywhere who suffer from eye conditions, chronic disease and those who are dying, in what ever fashion you see fit for 9 days starting on January 22. I also want to add that we should also include those who are contemplating suicide because of their suffering as that seems to come up here from time to time.

Thank you.

Edited and fixed it
                            Last edited by dryeyedave; 22-Jan-2014, 06:44.

Comment

Just to correct, 22 January! Tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X