No announcement yet.

Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! My dry eyes started when I was 19...along with migraines (I am 38 now). I was just ending my sophomore year of undergrad and had recently changed my major from elementary education to biology because I didn't feel education was challenging me enough! Well, with a change to a biology major and then the dry eyes my GPA dropped significantly! It was very deflating as I was always used to being a very good student. I was in and out of the Dr.'s office all of the time because I didn't know what was going on or how to manage my dry eyes. I would highly recommend learning how to manage your dry eyes. Getting to a place where you feel comfortable in your treatment and routine before tackling school would be a smart move. You are lucky you have found this resource while in school. I didn't discover it until a few years ago and I think it would have helped significantly.

Do you know what causes your dry eyes? Are they aqueous deficient or is it MGD? Knowing this will help pinpoint the treatment options that will work best for you. The cause of my dryness is mostly aqueous deficiency (meaning my eyes don't produce enough tears). I also have mild MGD. The treatment I have found best is restasis morning and evening. Refresh Plus during the day. Refresh Celluvisc and Azasite on the lid margines at bedtime. Warm compress morning and night. But the BEST thing that has come into my life are moisture chamber glasses. I only have moisture chamber sunglasses, but I wear them ALL DAY long at work now and they have made the HUGEST difference in my comfort level.

I REALLY wish I had discovered them before law school. I went back to school at age 27 when I had learned how to manage my dry eyes somewhat, but I still had some problems. Nothing has made as much of a difference as moisture chamber glasses. This site helps as well...knowing there are other people going through what I am going through. It is unfortunate, but comforting.

And no, I am not a spokesperson for moisture chamber glasses, I just think they are incredibly helpful and encourage anyone suffering from dry eye to get them!

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the information I have posted here. And don't let your eyes stop you from getting an education!!

Comment

Hey! Just to send a message of hope for everyone. I had a little baby girl. During my pregnancy my eyes were so great and also the months after. So, I am very thankful and happy.
      Now, things are getting worse again... But I have face pain again. Does anyone have it? Any ideas about it?

Thank you,
      RFReitas

Comment

Many many congratulations. I am in lots of pain too at the moment. Maybe someone can come onto site and help us both.

Comment

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
          Hey! Just to send a message of hope for everyone. I had a little baby girl. During my pregnancy my eyes were so great and also the months after. So, I am very thankful and happy.
          Now, things are getting worse again... But I have face pain again. Does anyone have it? Any ideas about it?

Thank you,
          RFReitas
          Since you say pregnancy helped, maybe you could ask a doctor about hormone therapy or gnrh analogue injections (e.g. Prostap) which stop hormones and see if that helps at all.
          Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Working...
          X