X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixEyes
    replied
    Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
    Hey! Just to send a message of hope for everyone. I had a little baby girl. During my pregnancy my eyes were so great and also the months after. So, I am very thankful and happy.
    Now, things are getting worse again... But I have face pain again. Does anyone have it? Any ideas about it?

Thank you,
    RFReitas
    Since you say pregnancy helped, maybe you could ask a doctor about hormone therapy or gnrh analogue injections (e.g. Prostap) which stop hormones and see if that helps at all.

Leave a comment:

• LindaDawn
    replied
    Many many congratulations. I am in lots of pain too at the moment. Maybe someone can come onto site and help us both.

Leave a comment:

• RFREITAS
    replied
    Hey! Just to send a message of hope for everyone. I had a little baby girl. During my pregnancy my eyes were so great and also the months after. So, I am very thankful and happy.
    Now, things are getting worse again... But I have face pain again. Does anyone have it? Any ideas about it?

Thank you,
    RFReitas

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Hi! My dry eyes started when I was 19...along with migraines (I am 38 now). I was just ending my sophomore year of undergrad and had recently changed my major from elementary education to biology because I didn't feel education was challenging me enough! Well, with a change to a biology major and then the dry eyes my GPA dropped significantly! It was very deflating as I was always used to being a very good student. I was in and out of the Dr.'s office all of the time because I didn't know what was going on or how to manage my dry eyes. I would highly recommend learning how to manage your dry eyes. Getting to a place where you feel comfortable in your treatment and routine before tackling school would be a smart move. You are lucky you have found this resource while in school. I didn't discover it until a few years ago and I think it would have helped significantly.

Do you know what causes your dry eyes? Are they aqueous deficient or is it MGD? Knowing this will help pinpoint the treatment options that will work best for you. The cause of my dryness is mostly aqueous deficiency (meaning my eyes don't produce enough tears). I also have mild MGD. The treatment I have found best is restasis morning and evening. Refresh Plus during the day. Refresh Celluvisc and Azasite on the lid margines at bedtime. Warm compress morning and night. But the BEST thing that has come into my life are moisture chamber glasses. I only have moisture chamber sunglasses, but I wear them ALL DAY long at work now and they have made the HUGEST difference in my comfort level.

I REALLY wish I had discovered them before law school. I went back to school at age 27 when I had learned how to manage my dry eyes somewhat, but I still had some problems. Nothing has made as much of a difference as moisture chamber glasses. This site helps as well...knowing there are other people going through what I am going through. It is unfortunate, but comforting.

And no, I am not a spokesperson for moisture chamber glasses, I just think they are incredibly helpful and encourage anyone suffering from dry eye to get them!

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the information I have posted here. And don't let your eyes stop you from getting an education!!

Leave a comment:

• kermitthefrog
    replied
    Hi!You all mentioned about family life and children but I have also a big fear about my academic success since my eyes never let me make my best.I am only 20 and started the uni this year,I cannot imagine how 4 years with these horrible disease will past.I really want to hear people who struggled with dry eyes through university education

Leave a comment:

• waterbee
    replied
    Yes it's possible, I have a child under two, it's not easy when you don't get sleep but you do cope and having a little one makes dry eye less important to me and im kept busy a lot. My optometrists has dry eye, a tbut of 4.0 and is expecting her first baby this year too, anything is possible, don't give up your dream of having a family but wait until you feel ready, and don't worry, you can be just a good parent with dry eye as anyone else, we just work around the hard days.

Leave a comment:

• RFREITAS
    replied
    Justbob you go! Do not stop!! It's a struggle. Sometimes I just do not come here. I prefer not to read anything and that way my imagination don't fly!!
    We need to be strong and be hopefull!! It's true!! The science is improving and new things will become soon!!

We need more positive inputs! Once I asked Rebecca if she could asked former members, that no longer are here, to ask for their situation and what helped them.

My eye pain improved along the years. It's not perfect, but now I realize that

Leave a comment:

• littlemermaid
    replied
    Justbob is my friend, having a difficult time. Please can we think of each other kindly, whether it's meditation or prayer or posting or sending messages.

Such nice people here! We need to share more loving advice on coping strategies and hope
    Mindfulness meditation has helped me to stop stressing over the future. It took a while though and I still do worry a bit when I've got something important coming up as my eyes are so unpredictable from one day to the next. It's also helped in my everyday life as my mind was wandering off a lot when I was trying to work. I'm more organised now!
    I've been nervous to post before but after 6y my daughter's eyes are very good. From seeing doctors every month, steroid regimes and drops every day, she just has checks maybe 2/y and barely uses wetting drops now.

Refreitas is so right!
    sometimes I miss the positive attitude! Please don't take wrong... I loved your responses and the support around here... somestimes we just need that... someone that point us the good!
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 06-Jul-2015, 00:43.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by justbob View Post
    Can't imagine how isolated I'd feel now if I never came here.
    Agreed! We need to stick together!!

Leave a comment:

• justbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    This website helps tremendously!
    Can't imagine how isolated I'd feel now if I never came here.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    I worry about this regularly and am trying meditation and yoga to calm this fear I love to have control of my life and this has taken complete control away. I will regain control somehow...as we all should try to do. This website helps tremendously!

Leave a comment:

• Irina
    replied
    Read dianat posts.

Leave a comment:

• RFREITAS
    replied
    Yes, mine too!! SAAG no pressure!! LOL

Yes, I know! I was looking for that women that could give some inputs! I love this fórum... but sometimes I miss the positive attitude! Please don't take wrong... I loved your responses and the support around here... somestimes we just need that... someone that point us the good!

Everything is possible!

Thank you both!

Leave a comment:

• Irina
    replied
    Not only SAAG-there are several women on the forum who had children after their eye problems started. So, everything is possible!

Leave a comment:

• lizlou29
    replied
    I know that SAAG had children after her dry eye problems started but I think she is still off travelling around the world so may not post here. She's my inspiration!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X