X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshkote, Dwelle, insurance...

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have been here, but I just received a letter from BCBS saying that Freshkote is no longer going to be covered by insurance because it has not be approved by the FDA. The only eye drops that have not exacerbated my dry eye have been Dwelle and Freshkote. I have contacted the company that makes them and did not receive any response about them making Dwelle again. Freshkote is not as good as Dwelle, for my case. But I use Freshkote because that iit is the only thing available. Freshkote is is close to triple the cost of Dwelle. I would really like to see Dwelle manufactured again. With more insurance companies not covering Freshkote, I would think there will be less people using it or people like me who have to bite the bullet and use it as sparingly as possible. It is amazing to me how difficult dry eyes is to treat and everything that you try tends to be not covered by insurance, including moisture chambers - which I use too.

It is hard enough dealing with dry eyes, but once you find something that gives you some degree of control to have insurance say you should contact your doctor to find something else in the formulary that might work for you is both short-sighted and very irritating. I have exhausted everything else. The doctor's have nothing else to offer me.

Just letting off some steam...
    dryeyes2

I just got a letter from my insurance carrier today telling me the same thing. Sigh.....they seemed to be helping a bit too.

Comment

Working...
    X