X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
    Z351

I do so agree.

I try to avoid talking about it to anyone who `isn't in the know' because if I do, I suddenly meet up with an `expert'.

"The feeling that their clinical condition is not acknowledged by the others may explain, at least in part, their depressive state at one point."
    Well, the World's full of so-called experts on dismissing other's problem.
    I once met a doctor who told me that there are two needed experts for DE:
    - the patients with crucial empirical expertise on his case
    - the doctor with general medical theory and prescription expertise
    I knew then I was in better hands than usual.

Do you happen to read French? If so i'll send the links to the advocacy telework and eye handicap report we are working on. Maybe we'll translate some of it later.
    Keratos is working on that telework thing and has gathered testimonials from Francophone DE-affected workers but there's no reason not to include other countries testimonials. So if you're interested send us yours.
    The prologue was written by Pr Baudouin and the epilogue concludes with the above Qol study!

Comment

I've looked up case law. A man tried suing after being denied disability for dry eye. The court upheld the denial.

No luck.

Comment

It is not the same as disability from S.S. , but I do have the Family Medical Leave Act, for my condition. At least when it gets to bad,
        I don't have the added stress of worrying I might be fired over my attendance.
        Actually my boss is very understanding, and I very rarely call out sick, but I like having that peace of mind.
        You can download the paperwork and have your Dr. fill it out. As long as your employer is of a certain size, they have to provide unpaid leave.

When my supervisor saw the sheer number of Dr visits I had in the past year, I think he was amazed I had been to work at all.
        I had managed to tough it out on all but 2 occasions.

Comment

Working...
        X