This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magoo View Post
    What helps me a lot was mentioned by spmcc above: F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/.
    Hear hear. I don't know how I ever got along without f.lux.

Also dryeye4ever, I know I'm a broken record but moisture chamber glasses usually make a big difference for computer usage.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I ordered the guard dogs 1 over Rx due to my high + prescription. They are a lifesaver. I wear them around the house, when I walk the dog and even when I go out. As a result I do not have to use as many drops throughout the day. When I wear them the corners of my eyes are wet!! I do have lower plugs and take restasis 2X a day. I would recommend some kind of moisture chamber. I would rather look like a Kook or weirdo, than to suffer pain and not keep my eyes open!!

Comment

So i got long computer usage induced dry eyes? Like i explained my laptop had huge brightness (which gives eyes problem in the long run) and i used it a lot too.

Is there any hope? I remmeber here people saying they healed long computer usage induced dry eyes and environmental too. What happens when i use the computer? The situation will definitely not improve and i do feel the effects but i guess to some extinct some stuff dryes out our eyes? What about when our lids (sorry i mean the skin under the eye is red). I also use the sauna when coming out of there, my eyes are red which means the heat hasnt had a good effect on my eyes.

Right now im working on diet but im not working on abstianing from the computer which isnt the right way to go.

Comment

What happens when you use a computer is that your blink rate is greatly reduced hence the dryness will get worse. You said "The situation will definitely not improve" I think you really do need to try and be more positive, I've read a lot of your posts and you often say how unfair it is and how you're going to be stuck like this forever. Just try and take it more day by day and see how things go. Remember the good days and don't dwell on the bad ones. Don't think long-term negative thoughts such as - this will never get better, all that will do is make you feel even more down. Don't beat yourself up about how bright your old laptop screen was. My dry eye has been caused by LASIK but I don't beat myself up continually for getting it done. What happened with your laptop screen was just one of those things that happen in life and not your fault.

My eyes(rather eye) is sore as hell right now but that's only because I've spent virtually all day yesterday on my X-box and got about 4 hours sleep last night. I know today is not going to be a "good eye day" but I'm not going to dwell on it as I know tomorrow will be better.

It's been asked before but I haven't seen an answer do you have a pair of moisture chamber goggles as they really do help?

Comment

I dont have googles, i may consider in the future. I can feel the bad days lol i get them all the time cuz i cant get off my laptop. Man, life without those **** sucks. An anti glare screen is the way to go for gamers or for crazy nerds like me. it really kills me psychologically.

Originally posted by robster View Post
            What happens when you use a computer is that your blink rate is greatly reduced hence the dryness will get worse. You said "The situation will definitely not improve" I think you really do need to try and be more positive, I've read a lot of your posts and you often say how unfair it is and how you're going to be stuck like this forever. Just try and take it more day by day and see how things go. Remember the good days and don't dwell on the bad ones. Don't think long-term negative thoughts such as - this will never get better, all that will do is make you feel even more down. Don't beat yourself up about how bright your old laptop screen was. My dry eye has been caused by LASIK but I don't beat myself up continually for getting it done. What happened with your laptop screen was just one of those things that happen in life and not your fault.

My eyes(rather eye) is sore as hell right now but that's only because I've spent virtually all day yesterday on my X-box and got about 4 hours sleep last night. I know today is not going to be a "good eye day" but I'm not going to dwell on it as I know tomorrow will be better.

It's been asked before but I haven't seen an answer do you have a pair of moisture chamber goggles as they really do help?

Comment

Perhaps try a cheap pair of goggles and see how you get on with them. An anti-glare screen is nowhere near as effective as goggles(I know from experience). Give the goggles a try and see how you get on you've got nothing to lose by trying them.
              Last edited by robster; 15-Jun-2012, 00:51.

Comment

Working...
              X