This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets clear up some issues

I do not know any other community for dry eye then this one so lets clear up some really problematic problems abotu dry eyes. A quick overviw of a few BIG problems can be found in this thread.

1. Do dry eyes cause fatigue? I would say yes but why ophtas and doctors dont agree?

2. Do doctors and ophtas know everything? Beside the basics, i dont think think the symptoms are well known.

3. Do lights outside and car lighting cause problems (esp at night)? A big yes.

4. How about Tv, computers, cell phones? THey all dry our eyes when medium to long exposure.

5. Is it curable? some have healed environement and long computer usage induced dry eyes .

6. Whats the biggest secret and controversy behind dry eyes? I would say $$$. Eye drops do not help much and the pharmaco industry is controversial as well. I would say they did try to give us solutions such as Restasis but in this era of time and technology, its disapointing dont you think?

6. Is it ruining most aspects of our lives? A big yes.

7. Should we give up? NO.

haha its getting a bit off topic.

Lets discuss.

Dryeye4ever I agree with everything you said and welcome to this site. The only thing that I do not like is your name. It should be dryeyesforalittlelonger. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      Dryeye4ever I agree with everything you said and welcome to this site. The only thing that I do not like is your name. It should be dryeyesforalittlelonger. LOL...
      thanks joseph, i wish it too. I actually feel bad for people that has to deal with it since years. I mean, you guys deserve better. For me its almost 10 months i got it and my life has changed DRASTICALLY.

Comment

The eyes are part of the brain, they speak to the brain and of the two organs they are the ones that prompt a lot of thoughts good or bad thoughts for the day; and for many of us are "our mood setters". The dialogue goes something like this: Brain: I'm tired, the suns setting will you shut me down for a few hours, make it so I can sleep. Brain that street light outside is shining in my eyes can you do something about it. Brain I'm not going home, I like the bright lights here so give me some more energy to dance the night away. Brain: Did you see the way that man looked at me - make me an aggressive person will you. Brain: Look outside it's raining, I'm staying in for the day. Brain: I find the sun too bright make me squint will you, etc, etc,

Comment

dryeye4ever, if you want to change your username just let me know Personally I fancy "dryeye4now"
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

book
            I think this book will give lot answers that not only stomach all parts are linked to eyes. Read the foreword.

I hope all doctors and optha people should read this book and treat the patient for whole body not just for eyes.

Eye is the window of the body. If you see through the window it should be (all organ inside the body) clean and healthy then only eyes can see thing properly.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=e...%20eyes&f=true
            Raw eating cures all deceases.
            whole body cure is eye cure
            FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

instead of making a new thread i would like to post in here sometimes.

Well, i think its a bad chronic problem but it can get better right? Well, isnt dry eye a growing problem? Im speechless because its the brightness of our electronic gadgets thats important for our eyes and me i had a really bright laptop. If i had bought any laptop with proper brightness, today i wouldnt have dry eyes, most people dont and dont understand how i got it. Lesson learnt.

Whatever, so the problem right is that i stay off my cell phone and laptop for a few weeks but it gets so boring ive to go back. Its not gonna improve.

Im pretty sure its not right to think this is for a lifetime but its really long term in my opinion. I know a 8 years old guy that has this and his mom complains that he cant wake up in the morning, hence the fatigue problem.

So to improve i guess i have to work on diet (more carrots, fish,etc), stay away from the laptop. Another problem is that I avoid going out at night at places because there are stuff like tvs, iphones and other kind of lighting that gets my dry eyes worse. In the past 2 weeks or so, i have stopped going out at night and being on the computer and i wasn't feeling stunned like recently. Actually, it just makes me realize that chronic problems are the worse problems to have since it affects lives. If i ever heal from this, im gonna be a stronger person emotionally and gonna try my best donating blood, helping causes like cancer or do anything I can to help people live or live better.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by dryeye4ever View Post
                thanks joseph, i wish it too. I actually feel bad for people that has to deal with it since years. I mean, you guys deserve better. For me its almost 10 months i got it and my life has changed DRASTICALLY.
                It does improve,i went through various changes in sensations regarding dry eyes and it has levelled off now and is tolerable thank goodness! at one stage(first 12 months) it was the end of the world. .Either that or you gradually get to tolerate it better, the first 12-18 months are the worst by Far!!...
                And yeah, i'm on the side that says change of username...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin P View Post
                  It does improve,i went through various changes in sensations regarding dry eyes and it has levelled off now and is tolerable thank goodness! at one stage(first 12 months) it was the end of the world. .Either that or you gradually get to tolerate it better, the first 12-18 months are the worst by Far!!...
                  And yeah, i'm on the side that says change of username...lol...
                  yes, its not gonna be fun. The username looks negative but im rly pissed because the odds of getting eye dryness are pretty slim. You really need to do something special so you can get it, in my case it was ignorance and stupidness. Our eyes are important, you have to watch for it on the computer.

Comment

Don't beat your self up. I have read some of your other post and you sound pretty down on your self. I have found that a good therapist can help you put some of your thoughts into perspective. If I was you I would start there and learn how to cope and understand your negative thoughts about your health. I have learned that when dry eyes become your every thought, it seems like there is no hope and everything becomes way overwhelming. Please do not forget that anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them. Hang in there and I know that you will be fine. I promise you that I would not say that if I did not feel that you will be happy and that this will be a thing of the past one day........

Comment

Im speechless because its the brightness of our electronic gadgets thats important for our eyes and me i had a really bright laptop. If i had bought any laptop with proper brightness, today i wouldnt have dry eyes, most people dont and dont understand how i got it. Lesson learnt.
                      There are some things you can do to your computer to make it more "eye friendly":

1) Blinkers - http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/index.html
                      2) F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/
                      3) Workrave - http://www.workrave.org/

I may be missing some so please add any that you find!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                        Don't beat your self up. I have read some of your other post and you sound pretty down on your self. I have found that a good therapist can help you put some of your thoughts into perspective. If I was you I would start there and learn how to cope and understand your negative thoughts about your health. I have learned that when dry eyes become your every thought, it seems like there is no hope and everything becomes way overwhelming. Please do not forget that anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them. Hang in there and I know that you will be fine. I promise you that I would not say that if I did not feel that you will be happy and that this will be a thing of the past one day........
                        thanks. Actually today i feel a little better. Whatever it is, its my lack of education and my habits of not caring that got me here. Im not gonna tell the story on how I got dry eyes but I wish too it will be a thing of the past but it will take lots of time and proper management. Anywho, life is short, I never really had fun and dealing with this now is horrible. I wish every human being on this planet gets their diseases healed.

Comment

Joseph, I noticed your comment that "...anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them." I have never read that anywhere. Do you have a link to any articles on this? I am very much interested in any resource you have.

Comment

how do you guys handle the computer usage? as like i said, each saturday morning i cant abstinate from going on the computer at all and this deteriotates my situation alot. I feel stoned after using my laptop for a few hours.

I think it can improve with proper diet and computer abstinatation. Whatever it is, its really painful thats for sure. I just hope we find new solutions but I may go to a bio store where they sell piills, i may find something like theratheras or etc

Comment

how do you guys handle the computer usage? as like i said, each saturday morning i cant abstinate from going on the computer at all and this deteriotates my situation alot. I feel stoned after using my laptop for a few hours.

I think it can improve with proper diet and computer abstinatation. Whatever it is, its really painful thats for sure. I just hope we find new solutions but I may go to a bio store where they sell piills, i may find something like theratheras or etc
                              What helps me a lot was mentioned by spmcc above: F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/. Using this program has really helped me with computer usage.

Comment

Working...
                              X