X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robster
    replied
    Perhaps try a cheap pair of goggles and see how you get on with them. An anti-glare screen is nowhere near as effective as goggles(I know from experience). Give the goggles a try and see how you get on you've got nothing to lose by trying them.
    Last edited by robster; 15-Jun-2012, 00:51.

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    I dont have googles, i may consider in the future. I can feel the bad days lol i get them all the time cuz i cant get off my laptop. Man, life without those **** sucks. An anti glare screen is the way to go for gamers or for crazy nerds like me. it really kills me psychologically.

Originally posted by robster View Post
    What happens when you use a computer is that your blink rate is greatly reduced hence the dryness will get worse. You said "The situation will definitely not improve" I think you really do need to try and be more positive, I've read a lot of your posts and you often say how unfair it is and how you're going to be stuck like this forever. Just try and take it more day by day and see how things go. Remember the good days and don't dwell on the bad ones. Don't think long-term negative thoughts such as - this will never get better, all that will do is make you feel even more down. Don't beat yourself up about how bright your old laptop screen was. My dry eye has been caused by LASIK but I don't beat myself up continually for getting it done. What happened with your laptop screen was just one of those things that happen in life and not your fault.

My eyes(rather eye) is sore as hell right now but that's only because I've spent virtually all day yesterday on my X-box and got about 4 hours sleep last night. I know today is not going to be a "good eye day" but I'm not going to dwell on it as I know tomorrow will be better.

It's been asked before but I haven't seen an answer do you have a pair of moisture chamber goggles as they really do help?

Leave a comment:

• robster
    replied
    What happens when you use a computer is that your blink rate is greatly reduced hence the dryness will get worse. You said "The situation will definitely not improve" I think you really do need to try and be more positive, I've read a lot of your posts and you often say how unfair it is and how you're going to be stuck like this forever. Just try and take it more day by day and see how things go. Remember the good days and don't dwell on the bad ones. Don't think long-term negative thoughts such as - this will never get better, all that will do is make you feel even more down. Don't beat yourself up about how bright your old laptop screen was. My dry eye has been caused by LASIK but I don't beat myself up continually for getting it done. What happened with your laptop screen was just one of those things that happen in life and not your fault.

My eyes(rather eye) is sore as hell right now but that's only because I've spent virtually all day yesterday on my X-box and got about 4 hours sleep last night. I know today is not going to be a "good eye day" but I'm not going to dwell on it as I know tomorrow will be better.

It's been asked before but I haven't seen an answer do you have a pair of moisture chamber goggles as they really do help?

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    So i got long computer usage induced dry eyes? Like i explained my laptop had huge brightness (which gives eyes problem in the long run) and i used it a lot too.

Is there any hope? I remmeber here people saying they healed long computer usage induced dry eyes and environmental too. What happens when i use the computer? The situation will definitely not improve and i do feel the effects but i guess to some extinct some stuff dryes out our eyes? What about when our lids (sorry i mean the skin under the eye is red). I also use the sauna when coming out of there, my eyes are red which means the heat hasnt had a good effect on my eyes.

Right now im working on diet but im not working on abstianing from the computer which isnt the right way to go.

Leave a comment:

• glenda
    replied
    I ordered the guard dogs 1 over Rx due to my high + prescription. They are a lifesaver. I wear them around the house, when I walk the dog and even when I go out. As a result I do not have to use as many drops throughout the day. When I wear them the corners of my eyes are wet!! I do have lower plugs and take restasis 2X a day. I would recommend some kind of moisture chamber. I would rather look like a Kook or weirdo, than to suffer pain and not keep my eyes open!!

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Petris
    replied
    Originally posted by magoo View Post
    What helps me a lot was mentioned by spmcc above: F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/.
    Hear hear. I don't know how I ever got along without f.lux.

Also dryeye4ever, I know I'm a broken record but moisture chamber glasses usually make a big difference for computer usage.

Leave a comment:

• magoo
    replied
    Originally posted by dryeye4ever View Post
    how do you guys handle the computer usage? as like i said, each saturday morning i cant abstinate from going on the computer at all and this deteriotates my situation alot. I feel stoned after using my laptop for a few hours.

I think it can improve with proper diet and computer abstinatation. Whatever it is, its really painful thats for sure. I just hope we find new solutions but I may go to a bio store where they sell piills, i may find something like theratheras or etc
    What helps me a lot was mentioned by spmcc above: F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/. Using this program has really helped me with computer usage.

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    how do you guys handle the computer usage? as like i said, each saturday morning i cant abstinate from going on the computer at all and this deteriotates my situation alot. I feel stoned after using my laptop for a few hours.

I think it can improve with proper diet and computer abstinatation. Whatever it is, its really painful thats for sure. I just hope we find new solutions but I may go to a bio store where they sell piills, i may find something like theratheras or etc

Leave a comment:

• izzyb
    replied
    Joseph, I noticed your comment that "...anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them." I have never read that anywhere. Do you have a link to any articles on this? I am very much interested in any resource you have.

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    Don't beat your self up. I have read some of your other post and you sound pretty down on your self. I have found that a good therapist can help you put some of your thoughts into perspective. If I was you I would start there and learn how to cope and understand your negative thoughts about your health. I have learned that when dry eyes become your every thought, it seems like there is no hope and everything becomes way overwhelming. Please do not forget that anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them. Hang in there and I know that you will be fine. I promise you that I would not say that if I did not feel that you will be happy and that this will be a thing of the past one day........
    thanks. Actually today i feel a little better. Whatever it is, its my lack of education and my habits of not caring that got me here. Im not gonna tell the story on how I got dry eyes but I wish too it will be a thing of the past but it will take lots of time and proper management. Anywho, life is short, I never really had fun and dealing with this now is horrible. I wish every human being on this planet gets their diseases healed.

Leave a comment:

• spmcc
    replied
    Im speechless because its the brightness of our electronic gadgets thats important for our eyes and me i had a really bright laptop. If i had bought any laptop with proper brightness, today i wouldnt have dry eyes, most people dont and dont understand how i got it. Lesson learnt.
    There are some things you can do to your computer to make it more "eye friendly":

1) Blinkers - http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/index.html
    2) F.lux - http://stereopsis.com/flux/
    3) Workrave - http://www.workrave.org/

I may be missing some so please add any that you find!

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    Don't beat your self up. I have read some of your other post and you sound pretty down on your self. I have found that a good therapist can help you put some of your thoughts into perspective. If I was you I would start there and learn how to cope and understand your negative thoughts about your health. I have learned that when dry eyes become your every thought, it seems like there is no hope and everything becomes way overwhelming. Please do not forget that anxiety can cause all sorts of eye and vision issues. Dry eyes being one of them. Hang in there and I know that you will be fine. I promise you that I would not say that if I did not feel that you will be happy and that this will be a thing of the past one day........

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin P View Post
    It does improve,i went through various changes in sensations regarding dry eyes and it has levelled off now and is tolerable thank goodness! at one stage(first 12 months) it was the end of the world. .Either that or you gradually get to tolerate it better, the first 12-18 months are the worst by Far!!...
    And yeah, i'm on the side that says change of username...lol...
    yes, its not gonna be fun. The username looks negative but im rly pissed because the odds of getting eye dryness are pretty slim. You really need to do something special so you can get it, in my case it was ignorance and stupidness. Our eyes are important, you have to watch for it on the computer.

Leave a comment:

• Colin P
    replied
    thanks joseph, i wish it too. I actually feel bad for people that has to deal with it since years. I mean, you guys deserve better. For me its almost 10 months i got it and my life has changed DRASTICALLY.
    It does improve,i went through various changes in sensations regarding dry eyes and it has levelled off now and is tolerable thank goodness! at one stage(first 12 months) it was the end of the world. .Either that or you gradually get to tolerate it better, the first 12-18 months are the worst by Far!!...
    And yeah, i'm on the side that says change of username...lol...

Leave a comment:

• dryeye4ever
    replied
    instead of making a new thread i would like to post in here sometimes.

Well, i think its a bad chronic problem but it can get better right? Well, isnt dry eye a growing problem? Im speechless because its the brightness of our electronic gadgets thats important for our eyes and me i had a really bright laptop. If i had bought any laptop with proper brightness, today i wouldnt have dry eyes, most people dont and dont understand how i got it. Lesson learnt.

Whatever, so the problem right is that i stay off my cell phone and laptop for a few weeks but it gets so boring ive to go back. Its not gonna improve.

Im pretty sure its not right to think this is for a lifetime but its really long term in my opinion. I know a 8 years old guy that has this and his mom complains that he cant wake up in the morning, hence the fatigue problem.

So to improve i guess i have to work on diet (more carrots, fish,etc), stay away from the laptop. Another problem is that I avoid going out at night at places because there are stuff like tvs, iphones and other kind of lighting that gets my dry eyes worse. In the past 2 weeks or so, i have stopped going out at night and being on the computer and i wasn't feeling stunned like recently. Actually, it just makes me realize that chronic problems are the worse problems to have since it affects lives. If i ever heal from this, im gonna be a stronger person emotionally and gonna try my best donating blood, helping causes like cancer or do anything I can to help people live or live better.

What do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X