Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your symptoms vary wildly from day to day?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do your symptoms vary wildly from day to day?

On Saturday I was completely symptom free.
    Yesterday a bit gritty.
    Today stinging.
    Is that usual?

Yah--it's usual. I have good days and bad days and I never know really what's causing it.

This spring there were several clues---high pollen count in May, local fires in the woods, etc.

Sometimes I comment about my own eyes, for example I'll say to the clerk when I'm in the check-out line "My eyes are killing me today---can hardly keep them open," and then I'll get a reply something like, " Yeah, everybody's been complaining about that today." Also, my husband will say his eyes are goopy or gritty---bothering him on some days. And it's usually the days when my eyes are wrecked.

So I think that not only "dry eyed people" have these issues, "regular" folks have them, too, just not as often or as severe.

C

Comment

I think most of the time when my symptoms vary wildly it's due to an allergy -- not an environmental one but a "chemical" one. I've noticed that my eyes react with burning, stinging, and redness to most shampoos/conditioners and moisturizers and almost all sunscreens. I wish I could figure out what ingredients bother my eyes, but I haven't yet.

So this month, I happened to use different shampoo/conditioner on a few different days and FINALLY realized that they must be the cause of my horrible eye symptoms.

Comment

me too

My eyes are fine until I have a shower, even if late in the day, but I have switched ti using a paraben free organic shampoo. I do not wear any moisturizer/foundation/eye make up but still get the depressing burn on random days.
        Have you tried Pataday? I ask that like I am ultra familiar with it, I am not, just read about it on the D.E.Z.

Comment

It's mostly because of variations in the climate, period. When your lids are that irritated, temperature, humidity, quality of air and all that stuff are what affects them the most.

Comment

Working...
          X