This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye newcomer

Hello, my name is Cliff and I have only just found all of you out here suffering with this problem (don't mean to make it sound so pedestrian). I can use all the help I can get in understanding the language and meanings. What's RCE for example? And after suffering for three months just using Systane and Smooth XP, I am still struggling with sleep. Is it common for the symptoms to be in one eye for a few days and then the other eye for another few days. Weird how it is never both eyes at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's not both at the same time, really! I have tried the gel at night as the doctor suggested, but getting that stuff in my eye at the end of the day when I can barely see is very difficult to do.
    Sorry to be such a whiner. I know from reading that many of you have suffered for a long time with this. I don't envy you. In fact, my heart goes out to everyone here who is suffering. It's really great to have a place to go where you can get some help and know thatI/m not alone is this.
    I recently asked my doctor about Restasis (sp). I understand that it not only helps with discomfort but also helps tear ducts to once again produce the necessary moisture, oils etc? Any help you journeymen/journeywomen can impart would be greatly appreciated. And thaks for putting up with me!

Hi, Cliff.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from Dry Eye Syndrome (DES).
    What kinds of problems are you experiencing?

REC stands for Recurrent Corneal Erosions. Although it is associated with sleep, there are other things that you may have. A lot of people note that their dry eye symptoms are worse at night. I certainly hope that you are not experiencing RECs, but if you are, there are things to do to help.

--Liz

Comment

Hi:

I think I am familiar with the sensation of having the pain only in one eye and how it changes. For me I find that when I am having eye pain (which is most of the time) I am probably having it in both eyes. But due to the severity of the pain, my brain focuses on the eye that is having the most pain at that time. So when it lets up in that eye, well that it appears that the pain in now in the other eye. When in fact, once again my brain is focusing on the eye that is having the most pain at that time.

Boy this is difficult to put into words. I hope you were able to get something out of my post.

Shaughnna

Comment

Restasis, as far as I know, has no effect in oil secretions.

Comment

Working...
        X