This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headache Relief?

Since lasik I have had constant non-stop eye and head pain and its driving me crazy! Have been able to reduce the eye pain just slightly but I feel like the head pain is really slowing me down, for those that have had relief in treating headaches do you mind passing on what has worked best for you!

My other posts re: coffee & re: computer fluresence exposure may be of interest, but see my most updated ones re: compromising between catering to headaches & catering to GERD-as-side-effect-of-coffee.

I suspect Chemia can't tolerate Optive due to Citrate (like me), because Citrate, like citrus is like lighting a fire.
    Lights & computer lights are the same.

They cause headaches and trigger those of us with neuropathies (cornea & elsewhere.

On the other hand, I suspect if you'd drink totally acid free coffee (something like chicory?), it wouldn't be effective either. Cuz you first need to have at least some 'acid-trigger' to open the pathways for the "good stuff" (i.e. the bitters) to work their calming effect.

Look, I know you'll be thinking scientifically & thus considering this all probably laughable.
    So humor me - it's one of my various hunches.
    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Chemia, so you're able to tolerate citrate and citrus?
      No itchiness anywhere, nor breakouts of "spots", nor anything?

Also, you're able to tolerate bright lights?

If so, then it seems we're different, my mistake. A good way to clarify where we're all "at" would be a classification system like, say, slickdeals Hot-Deals board, where even on the same board for example, it's classified by AUTO / APPAREL / TRAVEL / FOOD...
      (i.e. auto, apparel etc. are not on separate boards, but the icons display at each post on the same board.

...similarly, maybe this forum could be classified by, say, LASIK / MES-PHOTO-NEUROPATHY / SJOGRENS (that way, if I post, y'all know I'm Multiple Environmentally Sensitive, including fluresence & chemicals), whereas if you post, I'd know yours is LASIK-caused.

Similarly, Devin Starlanyl set up such a procedure on her FMS mailing list, where she made sure everyone stuck to the rule of posting a code at the very left of subject line. So for example, a post on the topic of "research" might have the code RES: at the very left of it, whereas "venting" might have VEN: at the very left. (It was a helpful way of organizing the chaos, that's for sure.

Ah.. maybe it's too farfetched to work here.

Originally posted by Chemia
      I do adore my cup of coffee and don't plan on giving it up. Office coffee is not so great and sip on it to avoid snacking all day but maybe if it tasted better, it could help with my headaches.
      As for coffee at your workplace, maybe the ughiness is due to their quaker level; if you happen to like Folgers Instant Regular, you might want to consider at your workplace either Walmart's Great Value, or else Clasico/Suave, or else ShopRite's brand.
      As for Ground, maybe consider Dunkin Donuts Dark-Roast or Eigh OClock Colombian, and you may or not have heard of the CUP-POUR-RI infuser which I got via Amazon, and/or popular Aeropress, both of which are manual.

On the other hand, if you prefer the lighter-roasts which are more acidic, then, hey, I guess we're on a different wavelength unless you're the type to add lots of milk which binds the phenolics to tolerability level.
      In general, the darker the roast, the more tolerable & less harsh it becomes to those with intolerances, due to N-methylpyridinium (NMP). Also, darker coffee is less acidic.
      IMO (again, just a hunch), the most human-friendly coffee is that which has the optimal NMP-due-to-dark-roasting, albeit with sufficient acid+caffeine left in it to relieve eye-inflammations & headaches. You probably know already that coffee staves off alzheimers, diabetes, parkinson's etc.
      Last edited by Minni; 19-Aug-2010, 21:39.
      CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X