Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help!!! Doing everything right while my eyes are getting worse every day!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Magoo,

Certainly it was not interpreted this way by me, as you clearly stated that you are trying one treatment at a time, and giving it sufficient time to work. My message was directed at Ariel, as he seems to be struggling with confusion, surely most of us know this feeling.

I simply wanted to emphasize caution where there are newly developed corneal defects, as he would not want them to be left untreated and become a chronic problem, or God forbid, bigger corneal defects.

Dani

Comment

There is so much about this condition I don't know and now that I have Keratitis punctata I can't even read any of the books I ordered. What caused the KP anyway? What did I do wrong?

Comment

I think you just havent found the right solution yet

hey Ariel

Dry eye can be discouraging at times, but here are some pointers

when you wake up first thing you should do
        go grab some cotton rounds from the drug store

put some cold water on the cotton rounds and rub your eyes gently with them cleaning of debris

Next Take some of the Thera Tears Steri Lid EYELID FOAM CLEANSER

and close your eyes tightly/loose, wash your hands before this and take some of the foam spray it on your index and middle finger and apply it to your eyelids

let the Foam sink in and bubble for about 60 sec, then use warm/cold water and splash the foam off the eyelids in a motion away from your nose.

Use some bousch and lomb eye wash to rinse out your eyes with the eye cup...

Then take some Artifical tears like TEARS NATURALE preservative free and put them in by pulling your lower eye lid down.... and put it in your eyelid and once its filled up look down and all around putting the tears on your eyeball.

Once your done with that.... take a flax see bag, warm it in the microwave 28 sec then put it on your eyes for 10 mins

relax, then express the meibomian glands

after you have expressed the glands...then

do your daily activities

Go out and buy 2 boxes of Systaine Ultra preservative free

its expensive but it works

Put some eye drops in and use 1 eye drop every 20 to 30 mins as needed though out the day

Next go buy yourself some safety glasses preferably MSA contoured
        they block out the wind

wear em as much as you can

in the evening repeat the process I described above and put some tears natural free in again just before you put in Refresh PM

Use refresh pm put that in just before sleeping

Thats what I do to manage every day

If Systaine Ultra doesn't work try

Refresh Optive preservative free works for aqueous deficient dry eye dissolves salt deposits

or Refresh Liquigel
        or Gentel Gel
        or thera tears liquigel

Thats what I suggest

If that dont work, try restasis

Just to let you know the Redness and burning assoicated with taking restasis is completely normal...and it will not subside thats the castor oil in it getting the medicine deep inside the skins tissues...

Like the doxicycline it takes about a month and half to see improvement and same goes for restasis it takes a long time...

Some refrigerate restasis to reduce burning

from my experience Azsite is a horrible burning drug...but it probably helps people in cases of anterior blepahritis.

thats what I suggest for relief and if that fails

try putting a wet washcloth over your eyes let em sit to absorb the moisture
        Also washing your eyelids too much and doing to hot of compresses will make your eyelids dried out and feel worse

I find that some seabuckthorn oil lotion from sibu helps on the eyelids just after a shower...heals the skin and is safe there...no harsh stuff like regular lotion...

switch shampoo to something without polyquanturm as preservative and SLS in it...drys out the skin...causing blepahrhitis ect

I got more ideas but I dont feel like making a post rediculously long

Comment

Working...
        X