This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for pain from corneal nerves

My eyes looked normal upon examination, but I had much pain and light -sensitivity. This is what I wrote some months ago under the success stories section, but I never put this in the "Pain" section. Perhaps some will find this info easier under the "pain" section:

I was a "bag lady" -- I was so light sensitive I had to wear a black bag over my head even though I was on 20 prescription pills a day to try to control the pain (including high doses of Lyrica (300mg), Carbomezipine(600 mg), Gabapentin (2400 mg), Baclofen(40 mg), and Hydrocodone (3 times a day) . I was helped through the Boston Foundation for Sight (BFS) -- Scleral lenses helped some, but new machine called scrambler therapy helped a lot - I am off all pills and no longer a "bag lady". These treatments are for severe light-sensitivity and pain caused by corneal neuralgia.

If you think you might have this condition, you could ask your doctor to read the article, "Corneal Pain without Stain, is it Real?" since this is a newly discovered disorder and is not yet in the medical textbooks. If you are then suspected of having this condition, your opthomologist can refer you to BFS.

may you all find the help you need,
    eyecansee

Canu post the link to the article? or PM me?
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Working...
    X