X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the gabapentin help your pain?

Comment

Yes, the gabapentin did tone the pain down. I still have break-thru pain at times. I'm also on cymbalta, tramadol, and occasionally clonazepam. I know the tramadol helps when just walking forward causes pain and the clonazepam 'zones' me when the pain gets to be too much.

Comment

I'm bumping this thread as I believe this is my problem. The latest I've heard from my opthamalogist is..."Your eyes look healthy. Continue the Alrex, Restasis and come back in four months."

The problem is that my eyes feel HORRIBLE. I cannot read, work on a computer, or do much of anything. I have and continue to feel life is not worth living. Any help, direction, advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth3715 View Post
          I'm bumping this thread as I believe this is my problem. The latest I've heard from my opthamalogist is..."Your eyes look healthy. Continue the Alrex, Restasis and come back in four months."

The problem is that my eyes feel HORRIBLE. I cannot read, work on a computer, or do much of anything. I have and continue to feel life is not worth living. Any help, direction, advice would be appreciated.
          Elizabeth,

My symptoms are worse or much worse than my clinical signs either. But i know i have dry eyes because my symptoms change with enviroment changing, and i feel relief expressing my eyelids. If this is your case, maybe it is not neuropathy but simply your symptoms are much worse than your clinical signs. The eyes looking health to a doctor means your cornea is ok, no erosion or inflammation visible. Most doctors just mind that clinical signs and not what we feel.

Comment

Re-bumping this thread. I just left Boston foundation for sight and the prose did not work for me. I could feel them and it was too bothersome a feeling to ignore. I think they helped with dry eye symptoms but the sensation of the lenses were too much. My eyes were worse the next day after wearing them for a few hours. Dr Jacobs suggested going to boston mass eye and eye for the corneal imaging scan.she doesn't see the dry eye even though I do have veins and thinks the pain is corneal neuralgia. She suggested serum, lacertics, low dose topical steroid like film ointment, cymbalta. Not all at once but things to try. Dr hamern is booked out 2 months but they could fit me in for the scan only. Im not sure though because she said they put numbing drops in then a crystal right on the eye for 20 min? And it really can't say Mich because he doesn't have much data yet. Basically it will tell if something is irregular. I guess I should though since I came all this way. Still keeping my DT latkany apt for next week. I think the prose do help evaporative dry eye but probably not mgd ocular rosacea as much. If your more symptoms than signs itay not help

Comment

Oh and I've never had LASIK.

Comment

Working...
              X