Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can dry eyes ultimately lead to blindness?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leesaw73 View Post
    My eyes are so severely dry when I wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning that they feel like marbles. Now, I am only 35 years old and I wonder if this will eventually lead to blindness. Anyone know?
    OMG, I feel just like you. 35 with dry eye and scared. The positive quotes below really help. Hope you are feeling better. We can't let this get the best of us!

Comment

Originally posted by theresa74 View Post
      OMG, I feel just like you. 35 with dry eye and scared. The positive quotes below really help. Hope you are feeling better. We can't let this get the best of us!
      Yeah... I'm 34... I try not to let myself think about how my eyes will be when I'm, say, 80... it scares the crap out of me! I just try not to think about that.

I do better if I just focus on what I can do for my eyes today...

Comment

Not to worry, I have had severe dry eyes since I was a teenager, I am 64 now. Vision goes up and down over the years and it is painfull at times, but things are changing now that more research and work being done to help us. You have so much more today at your age than I did. Just hang in and try the ideas and treatments that we have today. See what works for you. There is much to try, even if it just helps to protect your eyes until something better comes along.

Comment

Thank-you so much for posting that Woodart! Wow! That is so reassuring to hear. I know there's no guarantee it'll still be manageable for me just because it is for you, but it makes me feel better to know someone like you is out there. Hmmmm... maybe mine WILL remain tolerable, even after decades of this nonsense...

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
            Yeah... I'm 34... I try not to let myself think about how my eyes will be when I'm, say, 80... it scares the crap out of me! I just try not to think about that.

I do better if I just focus on what I can do for my eyes today...
            Hi Saag, I really like your outlook. You are so strong and I admire your strength. Can you give me some of your good energy? Today is a bad eye day and I feel blue.

Comment

How to get into the Boston Inst. 4 Sight

i have been trying to find the information posted on this site where someone mentions how you can get into Boston. They mention the department and lady's name. I should have written it down, but like duh, I thought I could find it again but there are just so many posts on this site. Can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
              X