X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone wear false eye lashes???

hi all

sorry for not really an important post but ive been wondering if false eye lashes would irritate or do you think they would be ok.
    only because so many mascaras flake and can make your eyes feel worse althou i have found one that doesnt seem to bad it just doesnt make my lashes look any different and i have a big event coming up and dont want look like my usual tired self and want big lashes to disguise it hehe .

any thoughts?????

Hi Kate

I have never worn them but I confess to taking a look at some in Boots the Chemist quite recently. The edge of my left eye is particularly bald looking.

It scared me when I thought about the adhesive - and how my poor lids would feel once I removed the lashes!!!

My lids are bumpy anyway so I don't think that they would even sit properly. I think I would end up looking like a pantomime dame. I didn't have the courage to try them.

What mascara are you using at present? And do you ever use an eyelash curler? That can make a difference - and if it's for a big event !!

This isn't an `unimportant' post. If you feel good about your appearance on this special occasion, then it will impact on your happiness and self esteem during the day.

Comment

hi irish eyes

well thats what im scared of is the adhesive and i also was in boots thinking hmmm should i or shouldnt i and saw some which are for contact wearers so im like are they more gentle or is it a different reason.

im using a mascara from eye care off the dry eye shop the uk one they are good to be fair but my lashes still look thin and gappy but ive forgotten about curling em to be honest will try that thanks.
      also just tried some bare escentuals eye shadow and didnt get any irritation which is good.

thanks for you reply i guess confidence and feeling good about yourself does get you thru the pain of it all.
      i just miss wearin tones of mascara and eye liner and smokey eye shadow on a nite out it was something i hid behind i supose.
      dont like being natural lol

Comment

Mascara

I too am struggling with the issue of not being able to wear make-up (and for that matter contacts) any longer. I realize it is not a major issue when compared with the physical pain of dry eye but if one doesn't feel good about one's appearance and avoids social contacts as a result, then it becomes an issue.

I had tried purchasing something over the internet (Rachel Perry) but now it seems the company no longer manufactures the mascara, so I am back to square one. Kate, thanks for mentioning the Bare Essentials. Maybe that will be worth a try. Anyone else find something that does not irritate them?

Comment

mylittlem

this website may be of interest to you
          http://www.eyecare-cosmetics.co.uk/#

i find there mascaras dont bother me but dont realy make em look any fuller,i use to have well thick eye lashes now there a bit sparse.

ye bare escentuals are really good bit exspensive but worth it so its nice to find a bit of eye shadow for them special occasions.

Comment

Hi

I wore false eyelashes some years ago. My eyes got really irritated. It really depends on the glue as well. Mine was a bit aggressive. Plus they were permanent.
            My eyelashes are so thin. I'm careful while removing eyemakeup. the product "La Roche Posay" is the only one which helps to remove makeup without irritating the eyes. I'm using Avene Eyecream as well, also on the upper lid to nourish them, so that eyelashes don't fall out easily. Who knows it could help.
            Shahara

Comment

False eyelashes improve the look of dry eyes. As to the irritation cause by the glue, I guess it depends on the kind of glue used. I would suggest trying them on, first time with the help of an experienced beautician, who can also teach you how to put them on yourself,in case you feel comfortable after the first application.

They are also very easy to remove, without any make up removal products or residues. you can "unstick" them in a second with your fingers.

Comment

The glue can be irritating... when I wore them years ago for performing (pre-LASIK), the glue made my eyes itch etc...I would imagine if they did that to healthy eyes, they would wreac (sp???)havoc on irritated dry eyes

I SO miss wearing make-up... on the one hand it's kind of freeing to go out bare-faced... but on the other hand, I still haven't convinced myself that I look ok without it on...

Comment

I can only say my glue causes no irritation at all...but again that may be because I am on a comprehensive antiinflammatory treatment regimen.

i think it has improved my self-esteem tons, and i will always be grateful to the beautician who suggested it to me.

i think giving it a try once cannnot hurt that much, but could bring a lot of look-good-again feeling

Comment

hmmm thanks for the feedback,feel bit to scared to try em lol
                    duna want feel worse but then im desperate lol.
                    supose having glue on your lids doesnt really sound good but if some are ok for contact wearers then may be the glue isnt as harsh.

thanks for your input

kate

Comment

actually the glue does not really come on your lids but stays on the fake lash itself in very very minute quantity. It might come into some contact with a very very tiny portion of the eyelid, but then again, it is almost dry by the time you are supposed to stick the lash.

Comment

Working...
                      X