This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when eyelashes fall

Ive recognised that my eyelashes are falling more during the last few days! I wonder why. I use a relatively good eyemakeup remover.
    What can one do to keep eyelashes healthy?

Shahara

Hi, Shahara.

The only time that I remember losing eyelashes was when I was putting ointment in my eyes. Do you think that it might be too much oil or inflammation that warm compresses might help?

--Liz

Comment

Shahara

My lashes are very bad just now and I haven't used mascara for some time.

I think that once the eyelash follicle has been infected, it becomes enlarged and is thus prone to subsequent attacks.

As for what to do - I'm just trying to keep them reasonably clean. I can lose several lashes over a few days - they are sore to touch and it doesn't take much to dislodge them from the roots.

(I've made it sound like gardening....)

Comment

Hi

thanks for your replies.

Which kind of ointment did you use LIz? No I use a gel at night. I don't think it's due to that. It's probably just the dryness!

Irish eyes what kind of cleaning regime do you follow?

I just read in a few articles, (this sounds quiet gross) that some ppl. put their own urin on their lashes. that's suppose to be good. I personally wouldn't do it, because it could lead to eyeinfections who knows.
        I take Natrium Cholaratum D6 (Homeopathic) which is also suppose to be good by dry eyes and eyelash loss.
        Has anyone heard of "latika lipocils"? germans hear swear on this product, it'
        s suppose to thicken the lashes? who knows... maybe we dry eyers won't be able to use it. Costs 24 Euros. Puhh....

Comment

Shahara

My cleaning regime is quite simple.

I rarely put any commercial products near my eyes and I use cotton pads, Q tips and water - sometimes adding salt or bicarbonate of soda.

Very occasionally, I might add some Burts Bees baby shampoo to plain water or use something like Lid Care but I find these things really do dry out my lids.

Do you mean Talika Lipocils? Yes - I've bought that in the past. It's a gel that you apply with a mascara brush. I don't recall it being anything spectacular but my eyes are not exactly `mainstream'! That company sell quite a few cosmetics for the eyes and they claim that dermatologists tested the products for efficacy but I always tend to be a bit dubious.

Comment

Hi there

I just bought talika lipocils yesterday Euro 30.- Buhhhh!!! But anyway, for my eyes it's worth it I guess.
            I'm surprised that it doesn't irritate.
            Hope for some results in 28 days.

Comment

Wow - that is expensive.

Mind you, I automatically put the £ on a par with the €.

I recently bought some lash conditioner from Boots the Chemist and I've been using it on the left eyelashes only because they are the real rogues.

Comment

talika lipocils

yes Irish eyes it is indeed quiet expensive. What kind of ingridients does your conditioner have? are your eyes tolerating it? Hope so...

Mine is good so far... I just hope that it really is worth 30 Euros. Who knows, it's worth a try at least. We just need our lashes.

Hope you are well.... keep in touch.

Comment

Working...
                X