This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make-Up & Contacts for one Day

I'll be getting married in some weeks and would love to look my best on the day. That means I am planning to wear contacts and some eye make-up. I still occassionally wear mascara and contacts without any problems but I'd like just that little bit extra for my wedding day and want to avoid a sudden blow-out of dry eye symptoms.

I have blepharitis and MGD with mild dry eye (tears are good though).

Do you have any suggestions for me? I am looking for brands of make-up and contacts that are safe to wear & maybe also ideas for short-term lid treatment so that my eyes are at their healthiest!

Hi Sannah,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Do you wear eye makeup often? It might be an idea to try it out a couple of times before the big day just to make sure it doesn't irritate you when you least want dry, red eyes. I find what really helps me with eye shadow is to avoid the powdery and glittery ones, and to rub a q-tip along the top of my upper and lower lashes (where the meibomian glands are) to remove any shadow that may have gotten a bit too close to the eye.

I use Lacrilube and an eye cream from Simple to keep my lids moisturised.

I suppose the trick would be that, if your eyes are reasonably ok now, not to alter your regime too much incase something sparks a flare-up.

Most photographers are open to using Photoshop or similar software. If you were worried your eyes might be very red in photos, you could have a chat with your photographer and see if he/she could brighten you eyes if necessary? It might give you one less thing to worry about on the day if you know you can do that as backup.

Hope it all goes well!!

I don't wear contacts, but someone sent me a link to these. I'm sure there are a few moisturising contacts out there, but the link might be worth a look! http://www.safigel.com/safigellenses.html
    Last edited by Súil Eile; 07-Feb-2011, 10:59. Reason: to add contact lens info
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Working...
    X