This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking really old?

I saw a bit back that someone posted a question about, what they said seemed to be a burning of the skin around the eyes, I had just noticed something going on with me too about the same time. Now this has gotten much worse, sometimes my eyes are doing much better, and I think that the skin does improve, but I just had a bad spell again, and I've noticed that it seems to happen after I cry, or should I say attempt to, as nothing much comes out, at least not enough to actually roll down my cheek. Well a day or so after this occured, my area around my eyes seemed puffy, but then noticed what seems almost burned or rash like, when I apply a eye cream it burns the area too. Now notice that my inner corners of my upper eyelids look creased with deep wrinkles, also notice on lower lids in general, this is really making my eyes look old, its not bad enough that I'm dealing with the pain of the DES, but now this. Has anyone else noticed this? Don't need anything else depressing happening right now, I feel like people are begining to notice, I've had people say my eyes must be acting up, and its just from looking at me, eyes not red or anything else. Has anyone found a good lotion, cream or product to use to help this?

Hi Mawsky,
    Try Vaseline. You can also check out the dermatologist's office. Most of them have products for sale, including safe moisturizers for the eye area. I am sensitive to everything, but generally they have products most people can tolerate. I'd tell them you have dry eyes though. Vaseline will help, and it costs much less. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Thank you so much, I was putting some tobradex ointment not in, but around my eyes, it was old so I doubt that the steroid was very potent anymore, it seemed to help and I think that it is petroleum jelly (Vaseline) based, so that makes sense. Do you think it could clog up your MG's? Just don't want to start a new problem here. I'm buying a big jar today.

Comment

Vaseline

Dr. Latkany thinks that petroleum based ointment probably get in the gland orifice or something like that and he recommends against them.

There are also others on this site that recommend against using ointments because they cause problems in the long run, thought I am not sure what they meant exactly.

Personally, I used Genteal ointment for about a month and it felt great in my eyes at night, but it looks like I was allergic to it because my eye lids started swelling and I got little veins on my eyelids and none of this has resolved. So my eyelids have been puffy and sagging since then which was about 4 months ago.

I regret using Genteal, but I had no idea I was allergic to it...

Comment

My glands are actually doing better since I started using Systane Ointment in my eyes at night, and that contains petroleum and mineral oil. I was also worried about the Vaseline clogging pores around the eyes, but that hasn't happened yet either. Everyone is different, and I am not a doctor, so cannot predict how everyone will respond. That eye area is delicate, and all of our steaming and scrubbing dries out the skin. I decided to use the Vaseline over a product my skin doctor makes because it works better, and the contents hold nothing exotic. Hope this works for you, and you are welcome. Boy, do I understand!

Originally posted by Mawsky View Post
          Thank you so much, I was putting some tobradex ointment not in, but around my eyes, it was old so I doubt that the steroid was very potent anymore, it seemed to help and I think that it is petroleum jelly (Vaseline) based, so that makes sense. Do you think it could clog up your MG's? Just don't want to start a new problem here. I'm buying a big jar today.

Comment

My eyelid dryness and wrinkles/eczema massively improved after using Green People organic Salve for Babies. It is brilliant. I had had dry skin and itchy cracked lids for almost a year. This has gotten my lids looking normal again.

Comment

Working...
            X