This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Non-irritating Mascara

Can anyone Help? I have tried many Mascaras and they all cause me much more discomfort. I would love to find one I can use. I also tear alot so it should be at least water resistant. Any help would be most welcome

Hi and welcome to the Dry Eye Zone!

I'm afraid I'll be no help personally on this one - I don't wear mascara anymore as I just had too many problems with it - but I'll sure be interested in the answers if anybody has them. Also just in case it is of interest there is a recent thread about eye makeup here.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi there,
      I'm also fairly new to the website and actually had posted something about makeup earlier. I did without it for more than 2 months, but then started, little by little, experimenting again. I still have good days and bad days..and sometimes makeup really, really aggravates the situation.
      On a good day though what I have found to work is Maybelline Great Lash, but I just wear it on the top lashes, so I don't get it too close to my bottom tear ducts (which are plugged).
      My opthamologist actually recommended using Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Pads to take it off with. I have blepharitis on top of severely dry eyes. He thought the oilness of the pads might help my condition. I'm been using them about a month now and although I don't think they actually help my condition...they don't irritate my eyes so I do use them.
      I know there are also several clear mascaras out there that are dermatologist tested and great for people with sensitive eyes.
      I found that the woman that work at my eye doctors are the most helpful with suggestions. They are asked that question a lot by people who have had complications and they usually know what they are talking about. Hopefully they can help you if I can't.
      Good luck!

Comment

Those of you who use pre-moistened lid scrub pads may be familiar with the company Cynacon/Ocusoft. Ocusoft is a company based in Texas that started out by offering hypoallergenic cosmetic products, cosmetic removers, and handsoap to eye doctors for patients who wore contact lenses. Although they have expanded their catalog of products, I believe that they still offer mascara, mascara remover, and the handsoap. Their website is: www.ocusoft.com . Lots of other goodies and factoids for dry eye sufferers as well. The website is worth taking a look at.

DrG
        Last edited by DrG; 31-Mar-2005, 05:41. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Ocusoft Products

Thanks, Dr. G., for the Ocusoft website address. They do have quite an array of products. I think I will try the mascara, and I'm also curious about the new Hydrate Essential Liquid Supplement for dry eyes. Has anyone tried this? Also, the ad does not indicate the dosage. I currently take BioTears vitamins, which I like, but they are very expensive.

Comment

Working...
          X