This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acuvue Moist

Hey guys, I just got a trial of Acuvue Moist lenses. My doc said he was one of the first guys in the country to get it (literally arrived yesterday, just in time for my appointment). I'm cautiously optimistic these will work well with my dry eye.. but that's the way I feel about all new lenses I try : )

The lens actually doesn't show up on Acuvue's U.S. Web site, but here's a link to the UK site: http://www.acuvue.co.uk/1_13.htm

The lens is a disposable one-day lens with etafilcon A and 58% H2O.

Acuvue moist

Sorry to say, these didn't work for me. Can only wear them for four hours and then my eyes starts hurting.

Comment

Hey Eyeshaveit,

Just curious how the Acuvue Moist worked out for you. Hopefully you don't have as much discomfort after you remove them. Have you liked them?

Comment

Moist

Hey Flick, a quick and long-delayed review of the Moist: I was able to wear them for a few hours now and then, but I did have difficultly after I removed them. The bottom line for me is I hope I can do better. The Moist were comfortable at times while in my eyes, so I think they're definitely worth trying and may work for some people better than others. I found the Moists were easier to remove at times than other dailies; however, the last time I tried the Moists, the left lens were very stuck to the left eye! Lots of drops and prodding to get them out. Not sure if it was just the day or an issue others have had as well.

I'm having some success now with the O2 Optix.. and by success, I mean when I go out with people I'd rather not meet in my glasses (like a date once a week or something), I seem to be able to tolerate them for a few hours, and, even once they start to become painful, they never descend into total hell and I can still smile... this for me is success : ) So, still a work in progress!

Comment

Working...
        X