This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these ingredients OK to use, RapidLash

So I have not used Latisse (well the generic for it, Latisse is very expensive), because it contains the dreaded nasty BAK! I have been using Rapidlash because I didn't see any BAK in this product and nothing came up when I did a search for dry eyes and this product. Now I have not searched lately because I worry that maybe now it will come up after using it 2 months. Can any of the knowledgable people on here tell me their opinion? Because before I began using it the opthamologist barely looked at the ingredient list and said it was fine. But I also had to tell him a while back how bad BAK is. I have been using this on both top and bottom lashes, I see slight improvement, not like people get with Latisse. I lost a lot of lashes & never had much to start with (and now with my high rx glasses my eyes and lashes look xtra small), and want more not to just look better, but to protect my eyes. I don't think it's made me worse but I fluctuate too so hard to say. (I rate my eyes an 8 on bad days and a 6 on most, with bad days being about 25%) Any info appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. Can someone please let me know where the spell check is? I cannot find it.

Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita, Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Sea Water, Dipotassium, Glycyrrizate, Alcohol Denat (and) Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Octapeptide-2, Copper Tripeptide-1, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide-23, Phenoxyethylene, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid

Latisse is a drug called bimatoprost that reduces eye pressure, similar to a common eye drop called timoptic (timolol) given for glaucoma. It was just incidentally discovered that glaucoma patients taking these eye drops to reduce the pressure in the eye caused by glaucoma also grew super long, curly eyelashes. The drug company knew they would make a lot of money if they developed a product using this type of drug in a cosmetic product, so they made Latisse. RapidLash may be completely different.

Comment

The active ingredient of most lash extenders like Latisse are prostaglandin analogues. Prostaglandins are substances your body makes that cause inflammation. Sadly no one with dry eye should go anywhere near them. Most of the cheaper lash extenders use the same substance, just a “cosmetic” grade one, which only means it hasn’t gone through FDA approval, but it has the same chemical composition... it is a prostaglandin analogue. Stay away! I used Latisse right around the time that my dry Eye started. I’m not sure if it was coincidental or not but after not using it for a year I just put it on for one night and I’ve had inflammation for days now. Sadly no more long lashes for me

Comment

In regards to Rapidlash, the isopropyl cloprostenate is the prostaglandin analogue. (Synthetic prostaglandin .) So it would have similar side effects as Latisse

Comment

Working...
        X