X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis and Make-up?

Hello all,

I'm so glad to find this site and hear all your stories. It's really helped me as I didn't think anyone else was going through the same thing as me.

I've had painful, gritty eyes for the last year and was recently diagnosed with meibomian gland dysfuction/posterior blepharitis. I think that I could put up with the discomfort if I could just wear eye make-up. I've just started working, after six years of studying at University and feel like this is the time where I should now be enjoying myself, but not being able to wear make-up has really dented my confidence. I've tried loads of different eyeliners and mascaras, but they all seem to irriate. I know this is trivial compared to some of your stories, but if anyone has any tips or has found something that works for them, please let me know .

Thanks for reading,

Batty

Hi Batty & welcome!

Make-up is a common source of frustration around here! I'd encourage you do search the archives on things like "makeup", "mascara", and "Mary Kay". There are definitely some good leads on brands that seem to be most compatible with chronic dry eye. I'll try and "bump" one or two of them to the top to make them more visible.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for your help. I'm going to try the Avon waterproof mascara and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,
      Batty

Comment

Working...
      X