Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dried up drop residue on lashes and near corners of eyes? anyway to prevent?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dried up drop residue on lashes and near corners of eyes? anyway to prevent?

how do i prevent the residue from drops from accumulating near my lashes on inner eyes? it is esp bad with my one eye cause it needs constant drops?

any suggestions?? am i using too many drops maybe at once???
    Jenny

The only way I know how to do this is to be diligent using tissues following application of drops. It's not perfect but it does well enough that I don't see the residue without looking closeup. Still, I'm careful to clean my lids / lashes daily because of it.

Comment

Jenny
      I have the same problem as you.
      I boil the kettle and put boiling water on the tips of two cotton buds. I dry of the excess and wipe my lashes about half an hour after each application.
      This helps as much as it can.
      Certain drops leave more residue than others. Any drop with methlycellulose are the normal culprits on those with very dry eyes. I hate that "plastic" residue and it actively irritates my corneas.
      Lulu x

Comment

thanks

the drops iuse have methylcellulose.. but i dont like the drops like systane..so im kindof limited...
        lulu what drops do u ike?
        Jenny

Comment

Jenny
          I use sodiu, hylauronate based drops in the form of Blink contact Preservative free vials. They dont help me particularly ameliorate the symptoms but they do not seem to cause the problems that cmc or systane do. I used to use systane and loved it but it started to cause probs when I restarted it last year. I am mega limited like you and cannot even use the other SH drops I could a few weeks ago. They are in a very bad state now and I just hope something gives before I do!
          Hope you get some relief.
          Lulu x

Comment

I get a little crustiness even with serum drops. I think its salt residue from the saline. I'm not sure of your level of sensitivity, but I use unscented baby wipes or moist wipes after I use them.

Comment

Hello friends been so long since I've posted I didn't know where to jump in? Always a bummer hearing more and more people are suffering from dry eye's, amongst other eye problems and my main problem Mucus Fishing Syndrome...eyes are worse, lashes are falling out and growing all funny...tons of drops all day all night it's become just a part of my life and I still to this day search for different cures, products, drops etc....Anyway's I just had to say hello to all of you and send love and hope for all of your eye problems I couldn't afford the muro 128 drops, I used that as an astringent, now I use that RoHo Cooling drops and tons of preservative free drops and now use the gel for night time to sooth my lashes and under eyes and lids....I do warm compresses so many times in the day and night I'am in a constant routine of warm compresses, astringent, pulling strings out, rinsing with preservative eye drops, repeat then apply the gel and other moisturizers. I go through so many drops and gels and creams I should start my own company lol....Well I must go and I will try more often to check in and answer questions or ask them Much Love Friends...Delilah

Comment

Hi Delilah, always so nice to 'see' you! Thanks for posting!
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

I was having this same question and am glad to come across this thread!

I use Refresh Celluvisc drops (that have methylcellulose in them). I gather that part of the problem is because each drop is actually too large and thus there is excess that drips out of our eyes and can cause the white/crusty flakes on our eyelids. My approach: every time I put in drops, I immediately splash my eye lashes with water and gently wipe them. I realize this runs the risk or irritating eyelids for those who have sensitivities. Also, I always feel very self conscious when in a public washroom with people around and doing this somewhat high maintenance process.

Does anyone else happen to have a(n ideally low maintenance) alternative? (other than regular tissues or baby/moist wipes, which I'd rather not do). It would be most liberating to be able to use these drops (which seem to work the best for me) anywhere, and not have to mop up extra drops or worry about my eyelids getting crusty.

Comment

I have this problem whenever im using Systane. As soon as i've used the drops I wet a cotton bud and brush across the lashes before it has chance to dry and then comb through them with a lash comb.

Comment

hello.,evrybody! me too i,m confronting dry crusty and even stone likes residues from the artif tears and gels,even from my serum drops...i hqve severe dry eyes due to Sogren and i still teying to find the best moisture for my eyes,tried almist everything...the only thing that helps a little is the petrolatum ointment..,but it,s not ok to use it all the time...( this one doesn,t cause any residues,though) ....i wanted to know how you get rid of them from the eyes,because they irritate them...actually ,how do you wash your eyes?using other artificial tears? or sterile saline? or boiled water? i tried them all and they irritate my eyes...i wished i knew how to feel my eyes wet again...Lili

Comment

Working...
                      X