This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing it...

I feel almost embarrassed to post here again but I am obsessing(I also have OCD) so bad about my appearance. It is painfully evident that I will never wear eye makeup again. In fact, lipgloss is about all I can tolerate (sensitive skin). My eyes have bags and swelling underneath; it varies. Some days it is not so bad. I've been growing out my hair to waist length. I cut some thin fringes/bangs, thinking this might help detract from my eyes. Also, I'm pale with a large forehead. Then I had 4 inches in length cut off my hair to get rid of some old damage from bleach-I don't color it anymore.
    My aunt hates my fringe; my exhusband who I am dating loves them and I am just so confused and feel so ugly I could just DIE.

Maybe I should have posted under depression or something. Sorry, for ranting on so...

CY

My 2 cents...

You're not dating your aunt. Her opinion doesn't count.

Take it as a given that you look better than you think.

Hope this doesn't sound cheesy but... I think a happy countenance will overcome perceived imperfections any day of the week in terms of what a person looking at you will remember about you.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

worth more than 2 cents

Thank you once again, Rebecca.

For today, I'm wearing the bangs and I'll plaster on a smile if it kills me (lol)

Thanks for helping me get some perspective back. You give very sound advice and comforting, too.

CarolynYvonne

Comment

Hi Carolyn,

If it makes you feel better, you are not alone. I have lots of the same feelings you have with my RED DRY EYES AND WRINKLED SKIN. My eye infection keeps returning in my right eye only, as does my Blepharitis in both eyes. I don't know how much longer I will be able to take antibiotics. It scares me to think of this. I feel as tho everyone looks at me as "oh boy, she's really into some drugs"... I just don't always voice my feelings on this forum. Suffice it to say, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Your ex-husband is dating you, for goodness sakes; how cool is that? Thanks to Rebecca for her logic and advice and caring thoughts!

Comment

What happened?

CarolynYvonne
          What happened??? Last I heard you were getting a new wardrobe in those dazzling colors for your glorious red hair. And you loved your natural look. Personally...I think the inner beauty is much more desirable than the glow of cosmetics. Work on this.

Billye

Comment

Thankful for wonderful support here

Originally posted by Judy
            Hi Carolyn,

If it makes you feel better, you are not alone. I have lots of the same feelings you have with my RED DRY EYES AND WRINKLED SKIN. My eye infection keeps returning in my right eye only, as does my Blepharitis in both eyes. I don't know how much longer I will be able to take antibiotics. It scares me to think of this. I feel as tho everyone looks at me as "oh boy, she's really into some drugs"... I just don't always voice my feelings on this forum. Suffice it to say, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Your ex-husband is dating you, for goodness sakes; how cool is that? Thanks to Rebecca for her logic and advice and caring thoughts!
            Thank you Judy (and Rebecca) and SilverLady,
            I cannot believe the kindness of you people here on this bb. I'm so new to all this that I know I've posted a lot and instead of avoiding the "nutty new girl", you have responded with so much support. God does answer prayers.

Judy, thank you for sharing your feelings on the board; they will probably help a lot more people than just me.

Thank you, Rebecca, well, for your encouragement and just for being Rebecca and keeping up this wonderful site for us and for everything!

And SilverLady,
            Your name really suits you; you are such a gracious lady and you're value is more than fine silver and I'll bet you just glow. I appreciate how much you have reached out to me.

Love,
            Carolyn

Comment

Working...
            X