Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bare Minerals vs. Bare Essentials. Can someone tell me the difference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Minerals vs. Bare Essentials. Can someone tell me the difference?

Can someone tell me the difference between the makeup brands "Bare Minerals" and "Bare Essentials"? I've heard good things about mineral makeup and how it doesn't irritate your eyes as much as other makeup brands. Is one of these brands less irritating then the other? How about price differences?
    -Amy

Amy,
    I use Bare Minerals, which I buy at the Bare Essentials store. I think they are great.
    There are some other store that carry it , Ulta, is one I know.
    One good thing about buying it at the Bare Essentials store, is they will give you a sample to try, to see if you can tolerate it.
    Or take it back if you buy it ,then find you can't wear it.
    I was a big make up junkie before all my troubles started, so the hardest thing for me was being unable to wear make-up. I can wear the bare minerals, ( I have never had much luck with other mineral brands) And I actually prefer it to my pre dry eye days makeup.) Just have a sales person help you pick out colors. I never would have chosen what I am wearing on my own. It can look totaly different on, than in the jar.
    They also donate to Rosacea research.

Comment

skygoddess, i just wanted to let you know that i bought some of the bare essentuals makeup at ulta and i am very pleased with it, just as you are. i got the basics kit, which is cheaper than buying several of the products separately, and the kit also came with a dvd to show me how to do my makeup. the content of the makeup is so pure that it seems to be irritating my eyes less, and it is also good for my combination skin. thanks for the info you gave!
      -Amy

Comment

Originally posted by Amy09
        skygoddess, i just wanted to let you know that i bought some of the bare essentuals makeup at ulta and i am very pleased with it, just as you are. i got the basics kit, which is cheaper than buying several of the products separately, and the kit also came with a dvd to show me how to do my makeup. the content of the makeup is so pure that it seems to be irritating my eyes less, and it is also good for my combination skin. thanks for the info you gave!

How does it hold up with oily skin? Do you have to re-apply it during the day?
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

not sure but....

I have extremely dry skin (Sjogren's related) and have used the mineral powders for years. I have to put it on over a moisturizer. But I do remember when I was working and also using this makeup that to refresh at lunchtime, I found a brush that telescoped down into the brush itself. I'd load the brush with my mineral powder in the morning and then re-apply where I needed it after lunch.

I've not used this brand of the mineral powder but I'm very interested in this thread. I've used the Jane Iredale brand of the minerals for years. They are natural sunblocks. But I'd like to see what others say about mineral makeups.

Billye

Comment

Bare Minerals

Hi, I saw this post and thought I'd respond. I've been using Bare Minerals for almost 9 years now. Bare Essentials is the company's name, and the bare minerals is one of the products the company makes, concerning your question Bare Minerals vs Bare Essentials. I love it to,wouldn't use anything else. Though right now can't wear it near my eyes cause of this bad flare up, with extremely red irritated eyes. But yes, it does great with oilier skins to, I think Kitty was asking. Use mineral veil. You can apply and reapply. Use the "feather light" mineral veil, it's even more sheer and has a luminosity to it like the minerals do. But you can apply and re-apply as often as you like with no cakey build up. I'm in Alabama, so so humid here! And it holds up in this kind of heat and humidity! I would never go back to that liquid stuff or use any other kind of minerals except bare minerals. It's the greatest! This flare up has been going on for 2 months now, can't wait to get my white eyes back, will definately wear my bare minerals eye makeup when they do clear up. Hope this answers any questions. Be glad to answer any more, like I said, I've been using bare minerals and bare escentual products for 9 years now so I generally know about every product they make. lol Blessings,Carolyn's

Comment

yeah, so far, i can't seem myself ever going back to my old makeup (neutrogena, clinique, benefit)... this bare minerals stuff is still working great and it just makes my face seem so much cleaner, like there isn't anything on my face. i can't wear the bare minerals eye liner or eye shadow, but i've been using the stuff for under eye circles, and so far, i have to say that it is the BEST stuff i've ever used under my eyes. i have very dark circles under my eyes (genetic, mixed w/ eye problems) and whenever i used to use other undereye concealers by other makeup companies it was always very irritating. it also would get stuck in the creases of my lower eyelid when i smiled.. bare minerals doesn't do that though. i am very, very pleased- and hopefully i'll continue to like it as time goes on!
              -Amy

Comment

Bare Minerals

Hi Amy,

I think I know the product you are talking about. It's part of the three "eye survival kit? I to have the darker circles under my eyes and have been using different undereye creams that are light reflective. My eyes start watering though. Can't win for losing eh? lol

Also using the shade bisque can help alot with undereye darkness. They have 3 shades for it.Or a shade lighter of your foundation color works great concealer. Just use that moisturizer first. Does the eye minerals make your eyes break out? And the liners? If you can wear the foundation, try using that around your eyes as a base, then put the shadows and liners on afterwards if you want to try them, that should help. I've stopped using mascara long time ago, except on special occasions but can use the liner around my eye and does fine except for when I use these flair ups.

You mentioned the cost. The best way to buy your products and the cheapest way is through QVC. They have "special values, about 2 times a year or even more sometimes, and the brushes alone are worth the value of the whole kit. But it's much more economical that way. She usually has one in November. If you like, call and get a catalog.It's free. You can buy as much as you want and only pay. 3.97 for s & h for your whole order, which helps cause s& h can add up quickly. Just be sure and give the no highlighted on back of the catalog.800-345-4492. Did I give you enough info. lol Like I said I've been using this stuff for 9 years, wished their was a store here I'd definately sell the products if I could.
                Well hope this helps. Blessings,Carolyn

Comment

carolyn,
                  i don't have the eye survival kit, just the basics kit that comes with 2 foundations, mineral veil, warmth, glee, and 3 brushes. i have been using the "fairly light" foundation under my eyes with the concealor brush though, and i have been very, very pleased. i'm glad you like the bare essentuals line as much as i do! we are clearly promoting it well for the DEZ.
                  -Amy

Comment

Loreal Mineral Makeup

I too tried the bare mineral makeup off of QVC (actually ended up ordering online at Sephora because it was cheaper). I loved the brushes, but was disappointed with the coverage of the makeup. I have been using the Loreal Mineral Makeup and found it had better coverage. Plus I could get it at WalMart and it was alot cheaper. So if you are considering trying mineral makeup, you might want to try this one first.
                    I also tried the bare minerals eye shadow (meet the greens). I liked the shadow, but my eyes did start watering after a few weeks. I don't know for sure if it was the makeup, but I have been avoiding it since then. I have used the shadow for bottom liner and that has been ok.
                    Just wanted to share my experience.

Comment

Bare Minerals Users

Are the Bare Minerals users out there still happy? I'm thinking of trying it, but am worried, of course. Not sure how I'll do smacking a powder all over my face. My eyes may not handle it well.

I do need a change, however. I look so washed out all the time.

Diana
                      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

My eyes may not handle it well.
                        Duh, you close your eyes and wait for the powder to settle, silly.

I gotcha. You've been dissing me and now we're even. Remember not to inhale the powder too.
                        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Ahhh, so that's it. I thought I was suppose to put it in lines and snort it. It's a good thing I have you, Luc.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat View Post
                            Are the Bare Minerals users out there still happy? I'm thinking of trying it, but am worried, of course. Not sure how I'll do smacking a powder all over my face. My eyes may not handle it well.

I do need a change, however. I look so washed out all the time.

Diana
                            I am and I love it more than ever. Be sure to get the bottle of foundation prep, really makes the minerals go on better. See if you have a store at your local mall. They do free makeovers. You won't believe what your skin feels and looks like.
                            Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Kitty,

I assume you have no problems with your eyes then.

D

Comment

Working...
                              X