Eye Makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Makeup

You know, I know it's shallow and in the grand scheme of things shouldn't matter...but man I miss wearing mascara!!! I tried to wear some today, and by the end of the day I was burning. And this was hypo-allergenic and everything. It seems in the last 2 weeks with the new upper plugs that I really can't tolerate any eye makeup. Before it bugged me, but now is worse.
    I know I shouldn't care and I'm whining to even bring it up. But I feel like a tired old hag without it.

Sorry, just needed to vent

Hi, Lasiklady!

I totally commiserate! I don't wear eye makeup most days because it is just easier not to, but on the days I do I wear a mascara called Kiss Me by Blinc http://www.blincinc.com/us/kiss_me_mascara.php

I love this mascara!! It doesn't budge until I wash if off and it doesn't bother my eyes when every other mascara did.

Hope this helps!

Tera

Comment

Thanks Bostonlover!! I'm going to give it a try!

Comment

I use Maybelline Great Lash (pink and lime green container) and it does not seem to bother me at all while at least 10 others have...

Comment

Another option to consider might be permanent makeup. If you love eyeliner but can't wear it, you can have a permanent makeup artist use a process similar to tatooing to create a line that looks like eyeliner but doesn't smudge or wash off.

I don't know anyone who's had permanent makeup, but I've seen photos that make it look good. I'm sure the skill of the artist is a paramount concern.

If your eyelashes are light-colored, and you can't tolerate any of the mascaras that have been suggested, you might try having them dyed.

Comment

I would love to have permanent eyeliner tattooed but heard (on this board) that this can actually do damage to your meibomian glands. So if that is truly the case, this is not an option for me anyway.... If anyone has had this done with success, please speak up!!

Comment

Don't recommend it

I was told by my eye doctor that there is emerging evidence that permanent makeup actually contributes to dry eye. Wouldn't you know I have permanent eyemakeup??!! And I do know that it has caused scaring in the lash line. I have a lot of small cysts in the lashline that originally came from micro cysts that developed from oil being trapped in the scars. You are told to use vaseline on the tattooed line while it is healing. Even tho it is nice having the makeup look, I really don't recommend it and I would never do it again. Besides it hurts.

Billye

Comment

i've started to use Ocusoft's mascara, and I like it a lot. I also like Bobbi Brown's gel liner because it doesn't bother my eyes.

One question tho, has anyone has success w/ wearing eye makeup AND putting in drops? I can't seem to get that part down w/o irritating my eyes.

Comment

I dye my lashes every 4-6 weeks, and my beatician is really careful how she does it, though I know it does cause some irritation the same day but it passes fairly quickly. I HAVE to do it

Still, I gave up putting masacara on top but I might try some of the recommendations when I have a brave moment

For anyone scared of dying the lashes because of irritation - if your DES isn't too severe it would probably be ok, just get the beautician to be in the room with you when you have the stuff left on the first time to see how you react. Or the self-dye kits - work really quickly, you don't leave the stuff on your eye very long. I've tried them and not been irritated, the result is better professionally though. With the self-ones, I put the stuff on with an old mascara wand (cleaned of course) and then I leave it then jump in the shower to let it rinse off without me having to touch it with my hands - so it comes of gently. I don't actually do the whole use the pads, close my eyes stuff, you can't see othewise...so i fiddle it a bit. But it won't be for everyone, for sure, and I would never do any of this on a really 'bad' day.
                  just keep swimming...

Comment

Billye: Thanks for your post. Based on your experience, and your doc's comments about mounting evidence, I'd like to withdraw my previous suggestion about permanent eyeliner.

Terri

Comment

Occusoft mascara

Where can you buy Occusoft mascara? How expensive is it?

Has anyone had problems with eye makeup where their upper eyelids actually swell up after using it? I had this problem, it was while my eyes were getting dryer, but not to the point they have been the in past year. I quit wearing eye makeup about 4 years ago. I would love to be able to find something I could wear again. I did try Blinc a while back, but it is very expensive and if I don't wear it everyday, I can't see spending that kind of money on mascara.

Thanks.
                      dryeyes2

Comment

I ordered the Ocusoft mascara online from the Ocusoft website. It is the only mascara that i've tried taht doesn't irritate my eyes. However, it does not give the most dramatic look, but I'll take what I can get.

Here is the website: http://www.ocusoft.com/patients.htm

I think its about 10 dollars. Hope it works for you dryeyes2!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, odydnas for the information.

Comment

You should try curling eyelashes and just applying mascara to the tips---not the base of your lashes.

Also, is you mascara old---buy a new tube it may just be that it's old and flaky---it does expire.

Comment

Working...
                            X