This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tired eyes/dark eye circles..

whenever my dry eye symptoms flare up i get really dark eye circles under my eyes from exhaustion. anyone else experience this or knows how to fix this?

Ummmm....make-up??

Comment

uummm....cucumbers?!
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

jc, no. just no.

diana, maybe in the privacy of my bedroom with the door securely locked. lol

Comment

too funny

Great responses girls....

think most of us could use some humor!

Comment

Actually, they are both right though. Go into a nice store (Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Robinsons May) and go to their cosmetic counter and have them match your skin tone with a good under eye conceler. Buy some little makeup sponges and dab a little conceler under the eye with the sponge (kind of like if you were speckling a piece of furniture). You don't want to rub it hard or use a lot of it. You'll be surprised how much better your eyes will look. The girls at the counter should be able to help you and show you how to use it correctly. Plenty of guys wear makeup these days...so don't worry about it. Hey, I live in LA....I have to fight for mirror time out here!

As for the cucumbers..they are an excellent idea as well. Put one in the fridge for a while, then take it out and slice it and put two patches of cold cucumber over your eyes and listen to some soothing music and relax a little. Cucumbers help with swelling of the under eye area and also wrinkles.

Another good suggestion for under eye swelling (believe it or not) is hemorrhoid cream. Pat a little under the eye and within a couple of minutes the swelling and puffiness will disappear. Works wonders!

Also, be sure to drink plenty of water and sleep at least 8-10 hours a night.

I worked for as a makeup artist for a photgrapher for about 6 years and also sold cosmetics for a while for a major department store. There are so many tricks of the trade I'd be glad to pass along if these don't help!

Comment

thankyou kyle for your extensive response, i appreciate it.

im all for the interchange of gender roles, but i don't think im quite ready yet to apply make-up to my face haha. (think michael jackson, yikes!)

i might try the cucumber thing.. it's not really a cosmetic problem for me, but everyone thinks im sick because of my dark circles (technically i am, but yeah.. i want to look healthy )

i did some internet research and found out that cold milk helps as well?

Comment

...sure cold milk. And one less joint per week...
                Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Oh Diana...you are way too quick and too funny. I love it! Actually...if I didn't have to smoke it (ex-smoker 15 years ago) and wouldn't get busted by the law, I wouldn't mind a "chilled" out evening again! I can count on one hand how many times I ever indulged back in college...but there are some days now....

-Lori

Comment

I few months after my eyes went dry (1 1/2 years after lasik), I got very dark circles under my eyes (grey color). They are also puffy. This has not gone away and it sucks. I look tired all the time. I look older than my 41 years.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X