X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmetics cause of dry eye?

Hi all

Just wondering is it possible that eye cream use could be the cause of dry eye? Just remembering back I am thinking that my eye problems started when I was constantly using l'oreal revitalift i think it was, because of dark bags under the eyes. Because I put it on before sleep I think some of it used to sort of find its way into my eyes during sleep. Its the only catalyst I can think of, possible you think?

I definitely have more irritation if I get any sort of cream or lotion near my eyes. It migrates into them, and it can take a day to get over it. I know what you mean about under-eye creams. I am so tempted to try something that will improve the dark circles. I don't wear any make-up on my eyes, and even with my glasses on, I'm self-conscious about the dark circles --they make me look tired and unhealthy.

C

Comment

I am keeping track of ALL cosmetics, soaps, and shampoos. Basically any chemical product.
      I noticed a pattern, on days that my eyes were the worst, I was using hairspray. I have decided I was allergic.
      I already knew I was allergic to nail polish.
      This way if something worsens or improves, maybe I can pinpoint it asap.

Comment

Yes, it is possible to be allergic to anything you put on your face: cleanser, lotion, cosmetics. It could be a trigger or it can exacerbate your dry eyes. It might be worth getting allergy tested for.

Comment

Working...
        X