X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes not red, but tired looking

Hi everyone,
    I know I've talked about this before on the boards, but I just don't get it. My eyes look so bad. Not necessarily the eyeballs -- they are are white for the most part. But ever since my lasik, the discoloration under my eyes have been so bad -- I look like I'm very ill all the time.

I wear foundation and lipstick to help make it all look better...but in some lights, I just look so very worn down. Even like today when my eyes actually are feely pretty good compared to other days. I wonder if it's all dry eye related or did something else happen during my surgery that permanently did something to the blood vessels under my eyes? I've been tested for allergies -- only minor allergy to dust mites. And I don't seem to have any food allergies.

I keep hoping that once I'm more good days than bad days the tired eyes will clear up too.....any thoughts for me? It's bad enough to be in pain -- but geez I hate looking so bad too.

Laura, remember you aren't that far out from lasik. You were very miserable just a short time ago and now are doing better. Hopefully, with time, your eyes won't look "like you're ill." This takes time to get yourself healthy again and you probably notice it more than others.

One thing I can't live without is undercover stick. Use it under your eyes and apply with a Q-tip. I used it before lasik, and certainly after lasik. It is more basic than lipstick and I do wear lipstick if I'm leaving the house. This doesn't seem to bother my eyes and I'm careful to make sure it doesn't get in my eye when I apply it. You can try a couple of different kinds to see what you like. I've tried Maybelline and Physicians Formula, also the more expensive ones like Estee Lauder. The cheaper ones seem to work as well as the more expensive.

Don't forget a dab of color on your cheeks. The lightening of the skin under the eye and the contrast in coloron your cheeks will brighten your face.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Tired Looking

lboogie,

Ditto on all of your comments. I not only feel crummy but look always tired, wrung out, sick, sad, etc. I did not have surgery so I attribute mine to the DES. Also, I believe there is a genetic componenet; my dad had this darkness around his eyes as well. Similar to your frustrations, I too hope that as I have more good days (eyes not red and not too irritated) that the skin might also improve somewhat in appearance. I am not sure though. I don't see too many threads on this topic and the appearance issue that people seem to complain about are the eyes/ corneas themselves. So I don't know if this skin appearance is or is not related.

Comment

Working...
      X