This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Fragrance Free Products

My eyes are terribly affected by fragrances and chemicals. For some reason, even dial soap (the white bar) irritated by eyes, so now I am simply using hot water to wash my face. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I am unable to tolerate makeup of any kind; Eyes burn, nose/face swell. I am also unable to tolerate lipstick as it also causes my lips to swell. Oh, I am such the "natural beauty"!

In order to make it through this, I was hoping the members here could assist in products that I could potentially wear. Basically, I would love to get product reviews/recommendations from my fellow members.

Just FYI:

Able to Use:
    Arm and Hammer Fragrance Free Laundry Detergent
    Aveeno FF Body Soap (In the baby aisle), but nowhere near the face
    Naturelle Shampoo and Conditioner FF
    Cover Girl Aqua (only tried it on a small patch of my face, but have not been brave enough to use it all over)

Already Tried:

Neutragena FF Soap (Swelled nose and lips terribly)
    Pur Makeup
    Bare Minerals
    Clinique
    Neutragena Shampo/Conditioner

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!! I would love to look kinda pretty on X-mas Eve!

Hi Jah,

I use Cetaphil to wash my face and to shower with. It's completely fragrance free and non-irritating, even for my rosacea. It's been recommended by my dermatologist and I remember reading that lots of celebrities use it because it is so gentle and plain. You can find Cetaphil at any drug store. The bottle is very plain looking, but it works well. As a bonus, it also washes off eye makeup (if you can find any you tolerate).

I have no makeup tips since I don't wear any anymore =(. But I hope the Cetaphil works for you!

Comment

Do you use lotions ever? I have a really hard time tolerating lotions due to the perfumes, not to mention I need lotions that really work, no just make my skin feel soft for a short time. I now use a 100% pure shea butter and it's great! I know it's used readily in many lotions, but this is pure and it works better than anything I've every tried for my skin. It has a mild nutty smell to it, but no perfumes or scents are added to it. I get mine from a web site...

http://www.treasuredlocks.com/trlo10nashbu.html
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I have tried cetaphil FF products and still noticed a fragrance to it which irritated my eyes. Trust me, I am so hyper-sensitive to products, it blows my mind too.

In regards to Lotions, I have been able to use Eucerin FF lotion on my hands and feet. It seems to help and it does not have an odor and that is pretty amazing for me. I will check into the Shea Butter as I am willing to try anything at least once.

Has anyone tried the Free and Clear product Line yet? Just curious if it is really fragrance free?????

Comment

Free And Clear

JAH1973, I use Free and Clear shampoo and it is totally fragrance-free. They also make other products for hair and skin. I really like the shampoo, it may be a little drying for some people's hair, I happen to have oily hair so I love it.
          I also use there Styling Gel and Hair Conditioner.

I buy it online from Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc.

Lynda

Comment

Working...
          X