This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hylexin

I know we have had many threads about females (myself included) searching for cosmetics that will not irritate our dry eye and complaining about not being able to wear makeup due to dry eye. I know I should not be worrying about my apperance, but if I can't wear eye makeup, I would like my eyes to look a little better naturally. have any of y'all seen the ads for the new project "hylexin", which gets rid of dark circles? It is VERY expensive, but in a magazine I got recently, one of the reporters raved about how well the project worked on people with genetically very dark circles. it is now concidered the best project you can get to help with dark circles.

do y'all think this product would also irritate dry eye, even if its not makeup? i'm unfortunately kind of expecting people to say yes, but what if i made sure to not get it near the edge of my eyelid and was very careful with it? do y'all think it would cause any side effects?
    -Amy

Hyllexin

Hello Amy - I have seen those ads and I would have to say that I would be more concerned about the money you would be throwing away, than how the product might affect your eyes. As a sucker for anything and everything new out there, I have learned my lesson about those things. They never do what they say they will. As for how it would affect your eyes, that is hard to say, because each of us reacts differently to things. You might ask your eye doctor what he thinks about eye creams and how they might affect your eyes. Concealer works wonders and most are hypo-allergenic.

Comment

Gaye said:

Concealer works wonders and most are hypo-allergenic.
      My thoughts exactly. I've been wearing concealer since I was born. For darkness, puffiness beneath your eye it works "Mahvelous Dahling." I dab some on, then take a Q-tip and carefully blend, taking care to avoid any right on the lashline.

I know you are talking mascara and liner mostly. A bit of eye shadow and concealer would help, but not get in your eye(s).
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hylexin

Hello again Amy - some of us have had great luck with the Avon waterproof wash off mascara and liner - that with a little concealer, and you will look fantastic!

Comment

my problem is that every time i put drops in, it gradually wears away the concealer i have on underneath my eyes during the day. by noon, the concealor is all washed away. and i'm pretty sure the concealor i use is of very good quality. it is clinique.

trust me when i say that i have very dark circles under my eyes. i have been having to use undereye concealor since probably before even 7th grade. its genetic, but having dry eye seems to worsen it. thats why i was hoping that something kind of like hylexin would work. i didn't believe the commercials myself either, but in a magazine i got recently, there was an article comparing all the products that are out on the market to get rid of dark circles, and hylexin was hands-down the top pick by the magazine. they said it was completely worth the money and it had not only the best results, but some of the fastest results of all the other products.

as for the waterproof mascara, i am planning on ordering some while i am home for christmas- it sounds like y'all have great things to say about it.
          -Amy

Comment

Amy,
            As someone who makes a living doing infomercials for products like the one you are talking about, I have to tell you the truth....very, very few of them work! I know the exact product you are talking about and, although I haven't used that exact one, I have used a product put out by the same company and all of their advertising is false!
            I think really dark bags under your eyes are caused by a lack of iron (any drs want to comment?). I think your first visit should be to a nutrionist. They can probably tell you what vitamins and/or minerals you are lacking and which ones might help you in that area.
            Clinque is great and I agree...when I use eye drops they cause my foundation and/or concealer to run as well. Try putting a tissue right under your bottom eyelashes and aim your drops right into your eye. Only a little should leak and the tissue should catch that.
            Hope that helps!
            Kyle

Comment

as for the iron thing, I actually got that checked when i was in junior high. i don't have any sort of iron defeciency and take vitamins everyday.

haha and i've tried the tissue thing- lets just say i had a bad experience w/ that my senior year last year ..... i went to my government class and someone was like- what is on your eyelid??? i had a big piece of kleenex that had accidently stuck to me. wow that was embaressing haha so I've tried to avoid that approach since then.

y'all are probably right about this infomercial thing... i was just trying to look for more options. oh well, guess i'm back to square one.
              -Amy

Comment

Working...
              X