Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to get away with wearing eye shadow a lot of the time; once it's not too powdery. When my eyes are having a bad day(s) however, there is no way I can put any makeup near them. I use Vichy foundation, and put a little of that on my lids to tone down the redness. But I can't wear eyeliner anymore - the skin on my eyelids just breaks and weeps when I try to apply it.

One thing that always seems to help when I'm wearing eyeshadow, is to wet a q-tip/ cotton wool bud with eye drops and run it along the inside line of my lashes to pick up any shadow powder that may have fallen through my lashes. I always find this makes my eyes a lot more comfortable when wearing shadow.

I'm always amazed by people who line their eyes inside the lash line, right next to the eye. I can't imagine that damage that must do longterm!
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
      I missed not being able to wear eye makeup that I had eye liner tatooed on my eyes...! I love it! Now I just use face makeup and rouge and Im done! They have come really far with tatooing eyes...its very minimal...and thin and they tatoo it on your eye lash line. It hurts a lot...dont get me wrong...but I am really glad I did it!
      I think you're incredibly brave! I just can't get to grips with allowing someone with a needle near my eyes!

I have moments when I'm tempted, because I use ointment at night, and the remains will dissolve eye makeup in minutes, no matter how well I try to clean it off in the morning.

I've heard you have to get it re-done periodically, because they don't push the pigment very deep. Is that true?

Comment

I can only wear eyeliner no masacara or eye shadow..like I used to. I find that the products used to remove the makeup like the makeup remover towels or the remover liquid really irritates my eyes. The eyeliner I remove with some water sometimes a little bit of ocusoft on a q tip...still irritates just not as much.

Comment

Eye make-up

I haven't used ANY makeup (or gone much of anywhere) since diagnosed early Jan., 2011. Soon I'm going to have some special occasions when I will wear makeup. I am extremely fair, even though 61--still blonde hair and my eyebrows and eyelashes are platinum (invisible.) So I've worn brown eyebrow makup and brown/black mascara since I was 12 (else I look like I have no eyebrows or lashes at all.) I have anterior and posterior bleph w/MGD (and seborrhea which makes base make-up a crumbly mess on my face, even after really good cream application.) I've seen an ad for a special cream for just this problem. I have unused 2 tubes of Neutrogena mascara, sensitive, not waterproof. Also have unused Logona remover with cod liver oil. AFTER I USE MY MASCARA, I'M GOING TO DUMP SOME ALCOHOL ON THE APPLICATOR, RINSE IT SUPER THOROUGHLY, AND SHAKE IT DRY. Won't this help to prevent infection/contamination from the bleph/MGD? I never use eyeliner--it's too much "eyes" for me. Will look for cream shadow and cream blush-on. Let me know what you all think about the alcohol idea. Becky

Comment

Make up stings. Allergic?

If I wear no make up my eyes are normal all day.
            Some days if I wear make up they are fine (all ntural barnds, Living nature,Inika, Green people) Sometimes I can go 5 or six days and they are fine but then on day seven the burning will start. If the next day I wear no make up then they are fine again.

I had blepharitis since June 2009. I have been cleaning only with cooled boiled water and rinsing with a Euphrasia wash. I have bad eczema on my lids which I cover with Calendula cream twice a day. Is soothes but does not heal.

I think post bleph I have become incredibly sensitive to make up near my eyes.
            When you all say make up bothers you is it a burning sensation you get? I know they say burning is dryness but if I only get it when sometimes wearing make up that must be alllergy no? Does anyone identify with this?

Comment

Becky - you sound like me, I gave up make up for 6 months and it never helped sadly, I had the symptoms anyway. I use most make up but not mascara. I'm fair so I do get my eyebrows and eyelashes dyed, which will horrify many but I have an amazing beautician who takes such care I don't notice anything, she's really quite wonderful and uses water to carefully rinse everything off. For me it is better than mascara every day which flakes off and hurts more than a once every 5 weeks careful treatment.

I know it isn't for everyone but if you find a really good beautician who is highly professional and listens it can bring a little something to our lives. Dry eyes can take away enough of the elegance, I've been asked in the street before why I'm crying (it was just dry eye reaction tears)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              just keep swimming...

Comment

Gel eyeliner

Has anyone here tried the new gel eyeliners that seem to be popping up everywhere? I'm wondering if they'd be more gentle on delicate eyelids than the traditional pencil. I miss using eyeliner, but I haven't worked up the courage to use the gel ones yet! Any guinea pigs out there?
                The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

tattoo? redoo? Yes every 7 years or so...

Originally posted by lisiamc View Post
                  I think you're incredibly brave! I just can't get to grips with allowing someone with a needle near my eyes!

I have moments when I'm tempted, because I use ointment at night, and the remains will dissolve eye makeup in minutes, no matter how well I try to clean it off in the morning.

I've heard you have to get it re-done periodically, because they don't push the pigment very deep. Is that true?
                  But I will still do it again! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by shirley bailey View Post
                    I love to wear eye liner, make's a big diference to your appearance, but due to des Ican no longer wear it, so I have been thinking of tatto also, do you still recommend it, is it worth the pain. Im trying to get re-assured....... thanks
                    I had this done too 3 years ago. I definitely recommend it, especially for the lower lid (I got the upper lids done too as well as my eye brows). The woman who did it said it would last 3 - 5 yrs. & I do need to have the bottom lids re-done. I wouldn't bother w/the upper lids again since I use concealer to cover my red, veiny lids, it hides the eye liner. I have trouble keeping any bottom eye liner on since I have to use moisture drops during the day so the tattoo eyeliner is the perfect solution. It does hurt but was well worth it.

Comment

i need so information!!

Hello
                      I would love to put conceler under my eyes but I can't because my eyes burns???
                      What would you do ???
                      Thank you!,
                      I have been suffering for years!!!!!
                      I'm so glad maybe now I can get help!!
                      I saw around 10 different eye doctor but no help?!!!
                      Thank you so much!!!!!
                      Francine
                      Last edited by Francine; 08-Sep-2015, 16:19. Reason: Extremely bad eyes

Comment

Omg!!
                        I thought I was the only one!!!
                        Francine

Comment

I have considered tattoo eyeliner but am too afraid it might damage what meibomian glands I have left that function. I read somewhere that it is a risk...any comments?

Comment

Working...
                          X