This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrinkled eye skin from heat/ massage

I have really been noticing my under eye skin is looking terrible; wrinkled and parched. I do the heat and massge 2-3 times a day and that seems to help my dry eyes. But, I am guessing all of that is not good for the already thin eye skin. I am using an eye cream but not noticing it's helping. Anyone have suggestions?

sabrina

sorry that i dont have an answer but just wanted to say that hope someone does suggest something as i have the same problem,when i smile i get so many wrinkles around my eyes i look like an old women,im only 26 but im not sure why this is?????.
    but i cant use cream or anything as no doubt it will irritate.
    plus i have major dark circles to.

Comment

Me too and it sucks! i am 34 and the past year i have been doing the heat on my eyes --omg.. the wrinkles i have gotten right under my eyes...
      lately i invested in some Lancome Renergie eye cream-only been using it about 2 weeks.. and before putting the warm compress on i have been using a little vaseline to moisturize under the eye and above ... it seems to help so at least it doesn't get so dry and hurt...

I am sure the massage i do causes wrinkles but i have to do it to get those oil glands going..sometimes in life u just have to go with it...
      Jenny

Comment

I have almost no wrinkles around my eyes, and I'm 53 next month. I sleep with clingfilm over my eyes every night to keep them shut, and under it I use drops with sodium hyaluronate. Of course they spill over a little and get on my skin, and the liquid is held there all night by the clingfilm. I think the lack of wrinkles must be an unexpected benefit of the eyedrops - they sell anti-wrinkle cream with hyaluronic acid, and I think sodium hyaluronate must be quite a similar product.

Lisa

Comment

I too have wrinkles,my eyes are small and I look as though i have been crying
          Fortunately I wear corrective specs all the time and this makes my eyes look bigger and therefore OK and it is only if i take my specs off that you can see the damage.
          I use a little vasaline and that helps some - It is a pity since my eyes used to be my best feature

Comment

question for Lisa

Lisa,
            What is cling film and what brand of drops have sodium hyaluronate? Also, do you have MGD and have to do warm compresses and massage? I believe this is what is causing the issue. As some have suggested I am going to try the vaseline. It seems like it's always SOMETHING doesn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post
              Lisa,
              What is cling film and what brand of drops have sodium hyaluronate? Also, do you have MGD and have to do warm compresses and massage? I believe this is what is causing the issue. As some have suggested I am going to try the vaseline. It seems like it's always SOMETHING doesn't it ?
              Hi Sabrina

Clingfilm is like Saran wrap - I just use the cheap store brand here in the UK. One roll lasts for a really long time. I'm hoping that if it's safe for freezing and microwaving food, it's OK to stick over my eyes every night! I did bring some Glad Press 'n' Seal back from the US to try, but it plinked all the little hairs on my face - very prickly.

I use Clinitas Soothe pf eyedrops here in the UK - not sure what the US brands with sodium hyonalurate are - Blink or Aquify, maybe?

I can't use Vaseline near my eyes - it makes my eyelids turn bright pink and puff right up, like I've been crying for hours.

I've never been officially diagnosed with MGD, but I have been told that I don't produce enough of the oily component of tears, so MGD seems likely. I did try warm compresses for about a year or so, but it didn't seem to help me very much, so I mostly just enjoy steaming my eyelids in the shower instead.

Lisa

Comment

eye wrinkle cream

So far I am liking Obagi. I only use it on the lower skin and there's a nice difference. I got it at a plastic surgeon's office and had a before pic. taken. I am to go in for the after pic. in 4 weeks. I think there is a noticeable difference and it doesn't irritate me. It is $98 for a jar but it's a large amount (Probably a years worth). Thought I'd share.

Comment

I guess I may be a bit like Lisiamc. I'm older than most on the board and when I had Lasik 10 years ago and found the dry eye aftermath, the first thing I thought of was----"great, now I get to wrinkle my eyes up a great deal faster than they would on their own." This really bothered me, even though I have some but not bad for my age.

Well, fast forward 10 years. My eyes have not aged much in the past 10 years. I thought I might look like I was 110 or so, but I'd like to tell the younger gals they should take care of their skin/eyes, but not to worry about how fast they will wrinkle. Time will probably be gentle with you. People tell me I don't look my age, even a doctor was asking me how old I was and "I didn't look like it." He was a year older and I think he was flirting with me. You think? I let him do my minor surgery (not Lasik). Lucy
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X