X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Trip planning

Hi everyone,
    So my big trip to Africa and Amsterdam is very soon! I leave on Dec. 9th. I'm doing my pre-packing planning now and wanted to know if anyone had any advice for me on drops/ amounts, if you were flagged by security for anything, etc.

I am taking some of those iheat devices from Theratears, has anyone traveled with those?

I'm going to have my doctor write a letter outlining my condition. I'll carry on all my drops and eye products...and probably some extra back-ups in my checked bag too.

Just curious if anyone has anything else to add. While I surely wish I didn't have to contend with this condition on such a major trip....I'm not gonna let it get me down.

Thanks,
    LB

LBoogie,

The security in Amsterdam actually made me throw away a freaking tube of lip gloss, so I would expect the tightest regulations there.

The Thermoeyes don't get hot enough for me, unfortunately. Good luck with those - let us know how you do. Perhaps the hotel's water will be hot enough to do some real compressing with.

I presume you are going to be donning your Tranquileyes on the planes, correct? Those are big in combatting post-flight dry eye.

Finally, enjoy yourself. It does suck that we have to travel with our "dry eye arsenals" all the time, but at least we've found things that help to curtail the misery.

- Rose

Comment

I've never had my 4oz Unisol bottles flagged (as violating the 3oz rule), for what it's worth, but I haven't traveled internationally in a few years now. I would most definitely put lots more of everything in checked baggage just to be safe.

I've not yet used TheraTears' iHeat - in fact I just ordered ordered some the other day. I don't think I've ever seen comments here about them. They're I think the only disposable heat packs on the market for the eyes so they should be a great idea for travel if they stay warm long enough.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I have used the theratears I Heat mask and packets.The packets are quite hard to activate(but they told me they were working on easier ones)but if you're looking for heat they do not produce much heat and for last a short time(approx.2-3 min) which I don't know exactly how long some are told to apply heat.Some doctors say anywhere from 3-5 minutes,and some say 10,15 and even 20.the packets come 10 in a box for approx. $10.00 and only lat 5 heat applications.Too pricey for me to stay with as I was told to do 3x a day.Has anyone had luck with these?

Comment

Where can you find Therateras heatpacks? I don't think I've ever seen these.

Comment

I have been through amsterdam airport and london airports very recently with eye drops in my bag and no one cared. Nor make up. I think it depends sometimes on the timing.

You can anyway take drops in plastic bags etc still as they're very small it's just bottles that are over certain size. Just keep it all small and that will fit in a ziploc bag. Probably the regulations are on the airline website or airport website.

hope you enjoy your trip!!
            just keep swimming...

Comment

I would advise you as ewll to instill some lubricating gel in your eyes while on the airplane...just in case you have not considered it yet. Airplane air is a killer for dry eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by calcan View Post
                Where can you find Therateras heatpacks? I don't think I've ever seen these.
                http://store.theratears.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                X