This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years Saturday

Tomorrow is 2 years since stupid lasik surgery. And my eyes have been flared up this week. Probably the cold and the central heat, I don't know...but it sucks and am so very sad that this is not behind me yet. I keep hoping and praying, but it's still the same. And I try not to be terrified of the rest of my life -- but sometimes it's hard.

I'm also off on my big trip to Africa via Amsterdam on the 9th. I am awfully nervous about the flights and the travel and being able to mange the conditions. BUT I'm going now no matter what. I'll be sure report back when i return!

I guess it's just a rant, but also a little call for a pep talk. I could use every last encouraging word!!!

Thanks everyone, and happy holidays.
    Laura

LB, best of luck on your trip! I really really hope that you can enjoy it. I'm looking to get away from it all sometime soon too... I'm thinking somewhere nice and warm and of course humid.

I keep hoping its going to get better myself and then it does'nt, but I will keep hoping and trying different things. Next week will be 1 yr since the beginning of the worst yr of my life. I never ever could have imagined a life like this before lasik.

Comment

Just remember you're not alone in this crazy aweful dry-eye thing! Hopefully one day they'll figure out an effective treatment for all of us... but until then, I guess all we can do is make the best out of this lousy situation we all find ourselves in! Sending good wishes your way!

I hope you have a fabulous trip! Going to Africa has always been on my to-do list ... hopefully one day I'll get there! You'll have to let us know how your trip went when u get back!

Comment

"pep talk, pep talk, pep talk, pep talk" = at least four pep talks from me alone . . .

Oh, Laura, I recall that on my two-year "LaserVersary," I was in a mixed state of discouragement and hope about the future of my eye-health.
        But as you and I have discussed, I continued trying to understand and to solve my problems, and --
        with the help of so many online friends/patients/docs, some of whom I met in so-called real life --
        I am in a decent place of eye care maintenance today, at my nearly nine-and-a-halfth LaserVersary.
        Eye problems = back-of-my-mind as long as I keep up with normal routine care, nothing fancy.
        I now have docs who not only believe me, but who also support my efforts to stay in good health,
        even using less-known or "off-label" medicines and treatments in helping to manage my life.

So, Laura, you have already made it to two years and three days post-op, and you will be on your way to great adventures tomorrow. Fabulous news!

best, mary

p.s. Almost forgot to say: until you come back home and tell us all about your experiences, this post will have to serve as my last "encouraging word."

Comment

Hi Laura,

Sorry you are feeling down and worried about your upcoming trip. I am approaching 4.5 years post lasik and don't dwell on my anniversaries anymore. I remember the first couple years though where each month anniversary was a huge let down for me. As Mary said, and as I'm sure you are finding, over time you learn to deal with things better, and you learn to manage your eyes better. My current routine has just recently allowed me some completely drop free days. That is something I never experienced the first 4 years after lasik, so there is always hope for improvement. Hang in there, enjoy your trip, and think happy thoughts! You may end up doing much better than you thought you would. :-)

-Shells

Comment

Thank you everyone! It's been sooo dang cold here -- 16 degrees, and sunny....crazy. Needless to say it's been super dry and heat has been blasting. BUT I am excited, and prepared, and on my way!! Thank you so much for your support.

Happy Holidays, much love,
            Laura

Comment

Working...
            X