Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun thread! I'm going to steal a few ideas from others'. Not in any particular order...

1. Exercise. Who knew something I always hated would become a lifeline?
    2. My Onion Goggles when cooking. These would have been great even before I had dry eye!
    3. My husband and daughter (her giggles, her toes...)
    4. Really great wine
    5. Really great food
    6. My serum drops
    7. Beautiful clothes
    8. Fabulous shoes
    9. High quality chocolate & salted caramel
    10. The feeling, on good days, now that I've conquered my initial depression about having a chronic disease, that even with dry eyes and all the negative that comes with it, that it will not stop me from living and I'm still very fortunate to be here.

Comment

Ooh, great wine and food...they're definitely on my list too
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Great thread.
        Here's my list

1) My 3 sons and husband. My sons are in there late 20's and have started their own lives.
        2) If I cry and tears come to my eyes, it give me great relief from eye pain and cheers me up.
        3) Knowing I'm going to be a grandmother in 4 months.
        4) My cat. He's stupid, beautiful, clumsy, and devoted to me.
        5) Being at the cottage.

Comment

Ha ha! I've got a clumsy cat too...and I always thought they were supposed to be graceful creatures
          The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Damn You Auto Correct! cheers me up.

Comment

Nice thread!

1. Seeing my daughter's big happy smile first thing in the morning.
              2. Reading a particularly good book to her.
              3. Knowing it's Sunday and that there are very few things I really absolutely have to get done that day.
              4. Digging up beds, transplanting veggies, weeding other beds and doing other random stuff in the garden.
              5. Sitting in the field with my sheep and knowing just what spot on the head each one likes most to be scratched.
              6. Enjoying a nice glass of wine in the evening after a long day.
              7. Knowing my PROSE lenses will probably be sent back to me this week so I can stop squinting
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineinCalgary View Post
                HI Laura,

Your (5), SO you don't have a problem watching a movie? That's a blessing. I heard that Soul Surfer was a great movie. But I'm not sure if I could finish the whole movie without my eyes bothering me.

Three things helped me stay focused: workout, prayers and sharing with friends (on this forum too)
                i actually coincidentally saw this movie right as my eye problems got really bad. it kind of helps put things in perspective and is uplifting. though the effect was pretty short term.

Comment

What movie ! I could use an uplifting one tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                    What movie ! I could use an uplifting one tonight
                    Soul Surfer - a true story about a young surfer girl who loses an arm in a shark attack, and slowly learns to surf again.

Comment

The Number 1 Thing for me BY FAR: Thinking of all the things that would be so much worse than this - makes it easier to resist feeling sorry for myself hehe
                      2) Eating chocolate (although I try not to do this tooo often since that would only lead to other problems I don't need haha)
                      3) Scheming for ways to do what I want despite the fact that my eyes suck
                      4) The small victories with my eyes - every little improvement is savoured and enjoyed while it lasts
                      5) My hubby and kids
                      6) Relaxing with a book (regular ones if my eyes can handle it, otherwise an audiobook)
                      7) Watching TV or a movie
                      8) Fun times with friends and family
                      9) Good upbeat music - current favourites are Counting Stars (One Republic) and Roar (Katy Perry)

Comment

1. making love to my wife(really my eyes feel normal when I do this).
                        2. hot shower with lots of steam(my eyes feel normal in the shower).
                        3. vaping with a cup of coffee in the AM while my drops start to work or with a nice whisky, scotch ect in the pm. I was never a smoker except occasional cigars and after my eye problems I did not want to be around the smoke any more. The vapor from an "ecig" does not bother me at all and the nicotine is an incredible mood lifter yet with no addiction issues.
                        4. Prayer, God, the Holy Tridentine Mass, saying the Rosary, praying for everyone here and all those who suffer from illness.
                        5. exercise
                        6. playing my cello though it is hard on my eyes.
                        7. reading on my Ipad--what a great device for the vision impaired.
                        8. being with my beautiful children.
                        9. sitting with my chickens
                        10. Those times when I can go out with my friends, have a few too many and argue about politics(all thanks to my scleral).
                        11. giving dry eye suffers the benefit of my experience and suffering in hopes that it relieves theirs.

Comment

1. Willow, my cat
                          2. Watson, my dog
                          3. Josie, my other dog
                          4. Peaches, my other cat
                          5. Popcorn, Huey, and Kiwi, the other/barn cats

They are the only ones who don't seem to notice my patches every time they look at me.

Comment

Working...
                          X