X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes sufferer need help

Hello,

I am from India and i was diagnosed with Dry eyes and Computer Vision Syndrome from last 1.5 years.The problem in my eyes has become too much that i cant work at office.When i think in morning i have to sit for 9 hours in front of PC i become tensed.

Currently doctor has prescribed me Systane Ultra after every 2 hours and 1 capsule Novaret in morning and Genteal drops at night.I was taking Immudrops and Flogel before , this Systane, Novaret ant genteal has been suggested by new doctor 1 week back.These are good or previous one Flogel/Immudrops.I think i am suffering from more problem with these Systane.Or can i take any other eye drops also?

Morning to lunch its ok aftre lunch my eyes are not with me

What i can do extra to make my eyes feel better.My problem is PC/laptop screen.I don't feel much burden from mobile but this laptop/pc is too difficult.Are there any fruits which i should start on daily basis which will help me to overcome this

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you wear moisture chambers at work? I unfortunately don't do this, because it looked too strange and provoked too many questions from others.

Are you able to do a wet compress during lunch break to help ease the afternoon. I found doing an eye lid wash with ocusoft plus during lunch helps with the strain of the afternoons.

Living a Lasik nightmare - Wake me up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela810 View Post
      I'm sorry to hear this. Can you wear moisture chambers at work? I unfortunately don't do this, because it looked too strange and provoked too many questions from others.

Are you able to do a wet compress during lunch break to help ease the afternoon. I found doing an eye lid wash with ocusoft plus during lunch helps with the strain of the afternoons.
      @Angela810

Thanks for reply.I am from India.I dont think i will get these ocusoft plus pads for eyes ..Can i use regular soap and water to wash eye lids?I have become mad from dry eyes.This is a type of problem which has no permanent solution.I remember my old days and cry inside when i didnt had this problem.I used to use computer, play games everything was fine

Then this started and it has stick to my eyes Sometimes i feel like pull my eyes outside.It will be better because i cant tolerate anymore this problem

Comment

I would avoid regular soap since it will destroy the tear film.

http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...s=ocusoft+plus

Try ensure that you blink fully when using a computer - this will help excrete oils. Basically when we use computers we often don't blink fully, so oil isn't excreted which causes/exacerbates MGD.

Do warm compresses, with lid massage and mild expression with a cotton bud after.

Living a Lasik nightmare - Wake me up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela810 View Post
          I would avoid regular soap since it will destroy the tear film.

http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...s=ocusoft+plus

Try ensure that you blink fully when using a computer - this will help excrete oils. Basically when we use computers we often don't blink fully, so oil isn't excreted which causes/exacerbates MGD.

Do warm compresses, with lid massage and mild expression with a cotton bud after.
          Ok thanks for link.Can you guide me what fruits i can eat to get my eyes feel good?i researched and found citrus foods like oranges are good

Comment

I don't wish to advertise my own posts, but make sure you follow these tips:
            http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...puter-bearable

If you use a particular kind of software, see if it's possible to change layout colors in this software. The main point is to eliminate the white colour. I know that the tip number 4 makes white page turn grey in Microsoft Office. Maybe it also does so in other software.

When I can't avoid white, I sometimes put sunglasses on, and it helps a bit. Take short breaks (even a few seconds counts) as often as you can and blink as often as you can.

I'm going to order Ziena Nereus moisture chamber glasses. They almost look like normal glasses. Hopefully, they will improve things.

Comment

Hello itechankit

Firstly I felt that Systane Ultra didn't agree with my eyes. I switched to Systane Balance. Can your doctor prescribe this for you. With systane ultra I found that it created a sticky like substance in my eye after use. With the Systane Balance it didn't seem to create any after effects after using it. I thin the Balance has preservatives in it. The Ultra hasn't. But personally I don't care about preservatives as I just needed an eye drop that worked.

I work with computers as a designer. I wear moisture retension glasses. I don't care what others think. I just educate others but sending an email to say I am wearing them for my eyes.

I have my hot compress bag beside me. Sometimes I use the microwave here to heat this up. I don't do this daily but every now and then.

I too have been there just like you. I was very nervous each day starting work. I was also thinking I'd prefer not to have my eyes. But here I now am 2 years on. I am not nervous about my eyes each day I come to the office. I also don't want to have no eyes. Some days (the bad days) yes I do have those thoughts but mostly I don't.

Once you get your routine up you will be fine. It took me sometime to get used to having this condition. I think I will always have to try to get used to this in some form. However the future is possible and so is your work. Just try to get your routine sorted.

Lastly, I used to use the drops during the day but I no longer do this. I just use them about 4-5 times during the night when I wake up for a drink.

I really hope this helps you?

Comment

Working...
              X