Amniotic Membrane Fluid Eye Drops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I am really sorry for making you wait for my update after using the amniotic fluid drops. I have been using it for almost 4 months now. Also, I have been in touch with a few other people who have used these drops. The general consensus is that all of us are experiencing noticeable positive effects since we started using it. I can speak about my own experience best: I have noticed a reduction in the inflammation of my eyes. This happened quite rapidly, and although the effect has more or less plateaued, I can say that the condition of my eyes is measurably better than before I started on the drops. As the inflammation was reduced, my vision became more reliably clearer. My vision in the past has fluctuated depending on the condition of my eyes. I can now see much more clearly, and more reliably. I have heard of similar experiences from three other people who have used the drops. However it happens, the drops are very effective at reducing the ocular inflammation. So far,I have not experienced anything I would consider as a "side affect" from using the drops.

The drops can only be dispensed through a licensed doctor. In other words, you can't order them directly from the manufacturer and purchase them. The retail price is $225 per 5 ml bottle. The bottle is tiny. I haven't actually counted, but I'm guessing it holds about 50-60 drops? The manufacturer will send you a free sample bottle if you contact through a doctor who requests it. I've asked both my optometrist with a private practice, and my ophthalmologist who works at a large university hospital. It was easier for my optometrist who has a small private practice to order the drops. The process is more complicated for the doctors at a large organization due to their own protocols. For those of you who live in or near Denver, PM me for the name of the doctor who dispenses it to me.

Some of us approached the manufacturer to ask them to reduce the price of the drops. But so far no success. We feel given that it is not an FDA approved product, which is not covered by health insurance, $225 for a tiny bottle that does not even provide a one-month dosage is prohibitively expensive. I feel at a lower price point, they would be able to allow wider sample of patients to try the drops. They will be able to gather the necessary data to apply for the FDA approval. And once it gets the FDA approval, then it may soon be covered by health insurance. Because of the price, I am in the lookout for an alternative (doubling up on blood serum drops, for instance). If the price comes down to something more reasonable, I would consider using it regularly again.

Comment

Thank you Miki-Mama for the great update on the use of amniotic fluid drops. Your report was very thorough. It's very encouraging to learn that you feel so strongly that the drops were of great benefit to you and the other three people who have used them. Also wow, you were very pro-active in contacting the company and trying to get them to consider modifying their price lower. It seems that your take on that is most probably correct in that the FDA approval will surely help that along.

For now however it is what it is. What is the companies recommended dosage amount? Is it just one-two drops per day? Did you experience stinging pain when putting in the drops? I understand that the inflammation was definitely addressed but were the grittiness and sand in the eye feeling that many of us have with MGD also improve?
      Thank you again and hoping to hear more information from you.

Comment

Hello. I have been on the amniotic fluid eye drops, now, for 6 months. The condition of my cornea continued to improve. The latest photograph of my cornea showed that the blood vessels that were encroaching onto the visual axis have receded noticeably, resulting in much clearer vision in my affected eye. To answer your question, the recommended dosage is from 2-4 drops per day. If I use 4 drops in each eye per day, the bottle will only last me about 2 weeks. I have been putting one drop in each of my scleral lens twice a day to keep the drops on the surface of my eye longer than if I were to just put in in my eye to evaporate. I should also let you know that I am using steroid drops and blood serum drops at the same time. I've been on the steroid drops for over a year, without any noticeable improvement. I am considering stopping the steroid drops. I've been using the blood serum drops for over 16 years continuously. It helps me calm the inflammation in my eye. But the blood vessels on my cornea receded only upon starting the amniotic fluid eye drops. To answer your question about the stinging sensation upon putting the drops in my eyes, I feel a sensation similar to getting water in my eye when showering. It feels a little drying, compared to putting the saline solution in my eye. However, this is not in any way stinging or uncomfortable.

I would highly recommend trying Regener-Eye drops. I have tried countless "remedies" in the past 25 years. I have not experienced the degree of noticeable improvement I have seen with this drops, with any other that I have tried. The manufacturer is clearly going through adjustments as they start out. At one point, I had to go through my doctor to order the drops. Then at another point, I was able to order directly from the manufacturer. They even offered a discount for purchase multiple bottles. Then at my last reorder, I was told to go through my doctor again. I just hope that the company will be able to get their words out there to the people who could benefit from these drops, and be able to grow so that they may continue to provide this
        very valuable treatment option to everyone.

Comment

Miki-Mama, It was a joy to read your November 5th update this evening. It was like a Christmas present! I have been anxiously seeking info on the true effectiveness of amniotic fluid eye drops from Regener-Eye drops for several months now. And it's very nice to see an unsolicited positive feedback article outside of the company website. Thank you for answering the questions contained in my earlier post of 9-24-16. My latest visit to my current OP doctor was just today and after the usual 150 mile round trip and fighting traffic and his negativity about anything to do with amniotic fluid as it relates to improving dry eye symptoms and his urging to just keep repeating his Lipiflow treatment again and do more lid scrubs I was feeling pretty discouraged. I will probably have more questions or comments regarding this in the future. For now thanks again!

Comment

I read about regener-eyes on this forum. It sounded promising, and I thought it would be worth my time to look into it. I eventually had a conversation with some higher level guy that sounded like a salesman at their company. This product is not a prescription drug at this time, but they won't let you use it without your eye docs permission. So, I really bugged my very busy eye doc to let me try it. They have to read and sign a bunch of documents. She was already very busy, but she took time to do that for me. They have to email back to regainer-eyes and give permission, send the signed documents, and prescribe a dosage amount for their patient depending on the severity of the dry eye.

The cost of the drops is very high. They charge $200 for 3 cc, which is one drop per eye per day for one month. If you need more than that,
            you have to come up with how ever many more hundreds of dollars you might need. It seems to me that they could afford to lower their
            costs a little. My eye doctor had a negative response when I told her how much Regener Eyes charges for only 3 cc.

In my case, my eye doc prescribed a drop per eye, 4 times daily. The rep at Regener-eyes changed my prescription to one drop per eye per day. I question the legality of some sales rep changing my doctors prescription. Maybe they get away with it because technically it's not considered a prescription drug at this time. I have seen no improvement in my eyes from using it. I have no idea if it would help at the
            dosage level that my doc said for me to take. So, my experience with the company has not been great and I am disappointed to say the drops have not helped at all.

One last thing, I did some research of what late term amniotic fluid is comprised of. It grossed me out and made me wonder if it's such a good idea to put that stuff in your eyes at all. By the third trimester, it is mostly the baby's waste products.
            Last edited by annambur; 26-Mar-2017, 16:29.

Comment

Hi annambur,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I wonder if miki-mama or another member here can give us a better point of contact to go through. From the promising feedback of others about the drops and after all the effort you went through to get it, it would be a shame for just one person to come between you and properly trying this out. I'm also considering them in the future so I'd appreciate alternative contact info too if anyone has any, over private message if preferred. I'm in the UK so the amount of hoops to jump through would be even greater and a good point of contact would be essential.
              Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

i got a sample of Regener-eyes thru an eye doctor near me. I had googled after my autologous pharmacy stopped doing the serum tears. I had to wait for him to get initiated into what it even was. After a few days my eyes were quite swollen. i gave up on it, especially since I didn't much like the doctor AND he told me what the price would be to carry on.

But now my MD, who is very forward-looking, has been telling me about something that sounds like Regen... She said that some patients have tried it and they had a lot of irritation and stuff coming out for 3 weeks and then eyes were all better. I'm waiting to find out if it's Regenereyes. Will report.

Comment

Originally posted by sarno View Post
                  i got a sample of Regener-eyes thru an eye doctor near me. I had googled after my autologous pharmacy stopped doing the serum tears. I had to wait for him to get initiated into what it even was. After a few days my eyes were quite swollen. i gave up on it, especially since I didn't much like the doctor AND he told me what the price would be to carry on.

But now my MD, who is very forward-looking, has been telling me about something that sounds like Regen... She said that some patients have tried it and they had a lot of irritation and stuff coming out for 3 weeks and then eyes were all better. I'm waiting to find out if it's Regenereyes. Will report.
                  I'm looking forward to hearing about your results.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                  X

Debug Information