autologus serum--for dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autologus serum--for dry eye?

what are these drops used for? dry eye? or is it just when the epithelial tissue is compromised? i am confused. i would love to hear from people who have tried them.t hanks!!!
    Jenny

jenny

They are usually a measure of last resort and in my case, they were prescribed to heal the ocular surface (epithelial layer). They helped with the dryness also because my eyes had become so sensitive that I couldn't cope with conventional drops. The dryness was on the severe end of the spectrum.

My experience has been positive on the whole. Expectations were mixed; scared to expect too much but a little disappointed when the progress reached a plateau. Having said that, I am very grateful that they were made available to me. It means now that I can experiment with lubricants that I couldn't really use before.

Some days are still bad but I'm in better spirits than I was about 18 months ago. It doesn't address MGD or anterior bleph - so that is still a pain to deal with.

Comment

Thanks! I may ask my doctor about it next time I go... I appreciate your response..
      Jenny

Comment

Working...
      X