This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autologous blood serum drops

On Thursday I've arranged to have a compounding pharmacist package autologous blood serum drops for me. I don't find much on this for LASIK patients and realize it's a pain to do and it's expensive. Still, I felt it was worth trying. I'm planning to take notes on a daily basis so I can be sure of its benefits if any. According to some studies that my doc, the pharmacist and I have read I will use them quite often the first two weeks and then taper down.

Does anyone have any methods/ideas for using these drops?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Ahead of the rest

OK Diana, it looks like you're taking the plunge into the unknown! We've read about this for years and it'll be nice to have a first hand report. Good luck.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
      On Thursday I've arranged to have a compounding pharmacist package autologous blood serum drops for me. I don't find much on this for LASIK patients and realize it's a pain to do and it's expensive. Still, I felt it was worth trying. I'm planning to take notes on a daily basis so I can be sure of its benefits if any. According to some studies that my doc, the pharmacist and I have read I will use them quite often the first two weeks and then taper down.

Does anyone have any methods/ideas for using these drops?
      Very pleased to hear it, Diana! We'll all be looking forward to hearing how it goes. The excellent benefits some patients have experienced have convinced me that this is worth trying.

I've heard various approaches. Some had patients on it for quite a long time, others showed good results early on and tapered quickly.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X