Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update! By morning, what did the temperature display read and do you think it was accurate?

Comment

Ok... it's been about 12 hours now with TWO ice packs in it, and my 3 ice cubes are still solid. I'll check again in the morning to see how they look after 24 hours.

As for the temp. display, I think it's accurate for where the probe is located... the way it comes, the probe is at the bottom of the bag... so of course, it's not nearly as cold THERE as it is right up against the ice packs. I haven't played around with it much in terms of location, since I figured if the outside of the bag feels pretty cold, odds are the insides are much colder. At any rate, since the ice cubes are still solid after 12 hours, at least we know that 2 ice packs can keep it below freezing for that long

One last detail, I e-mailed the manufacturer about getting a replacement temp. reader (or whatever you call it... ) the on/off button only works sometimes... I think it might be because the battery doesn't sit quite right in this one... they said they'll replace it if it's defective, but they want to speak with me first... they're supposed to call me tomorrow.

To be honest though, I don't really care all that much about the temp. display... for the purposes of storing serum drops, if the drops stay solid, then that's good enough for me.

Comment

I think that if the drops were to thaw for a short time and then be refrozen, that would be okay too : )

Have a great vacation SAAG!

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Update - after 26 hours, I still had 1.5 cubes of ice that remained solid... I had used small icecubes.. you know, those half-circle-ish ones? So I think the Insulpack is a great option for anyone needing to keep a significant amount of serum drops cold for prolonged periods (like a 20 hour travel day!)... the trick seems to be to use 2 icepacks inside.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Working...
              X