X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new batch of serum drops

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the colour of the serum drops changes from one batch to another? I just had a fresh batch drawn today and I notice that while my previous batch was somewhat yellow in colour, this batch has more of an orange hue to it. Any ideas as to what might be happening?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any with an orange hue but I have noticed as I get to the bottom of the bottle they seem less yellow. The only thing I can guess is that may they are slightly more concentrated or maybe you had something in your system that would contribute to the change (like beets -- you know how consuming enough beets can make a lot of bodily functions various shades of pink?). Can you call the place that made them up for you and ask? It would be interesting to know what they might say.

Comment

Well. . . now that I think about it, I have been taking some curcumin the few days before the blood draw. Curcumin is reddish orange in colour and acts as an anti-inflammatory. If it is the curcumin, I wonder if it would be acting as an anti-inflammatory agent in my eyes??

Anyone here have enough of a biochemistry background to know if the ingested curcumin could be present in the serum drops?

Hopeful2

Comment

While I'm not sure about the curcumin, I do know serum color and clarity can vary. I worked (currently unemployed) in a hospital lab. When analyzing blood we would often have to separate off the serum/plasma. The color would vary from person to person (a person with some breakdown of red blood cells may show a pinkish color or a person that just ate a fatty hamburger would have a turbid looking appearance). So, yes there are different factors that can affect color and clarity. Still, you might want ask your supplier. That's very interesting though :-).

Comment

Working...
        X