Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any success with Autologous Serum, DHEA or Estradiol Steroid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any success with Autologous Serum, DHEA or Estradiol Steroid?

Went to Stanford Medical Center for an evaluation and the diagnosis was acqueous layer deficient, not meibomian glands. (other doctors have said the opposite) -
    anyhow, after trying just about everything possible after over 4 years of dry eye, now age 24, here are the three treatments that haven't been tried yet:
    Autologous serum, DHEA Estradiol steroid.
    Has anyone having trouble with this layer and instant evaporation of tears had any success with any of those treatments?
    Thanks.

Out of the 3 treatments you mention, the only one I've used is autologous serum. For me, it made a noticeable difference. Of course, your mileage may vary. But why not give it a try and see what happens? Nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Might as well give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
      Out of the 3 treatments you mention, the only one I've used is autologous serum. For me, it made a noticeable difference. Of course, your mileage may vary. But why not give it a try and see what happens? Nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Might as well give it a go!
      Hi Saag..what did it help? MGD, Blepharitis, or something else?..thanks
      Last edited by Max52; 23-Jun-2014, 10:06.

Comment

Serum worked for me when I was very bad, but decreased in effectiveness over time. This was because my aqueous deficiency (AD) was compounded by MGD, which happens sometimes. I don't have an answer for, this, but I would say that while you treat AD, also attend to MGD with hot compresses and Omega 3, even if you don't have MGD yet. Many of us on this forum have some degree of both.

Comment

Working...
        X